Roadworks to bring traffic disruption to South Norfolk villages
- Credit: Getty
Traffic will be disrupted in two South Norfolk villages as work begins on separate schemes to resurface a road and improve footpath links.
Work will begin on Monday, October 29, on a footpath in North Lopham, a continuation to existing trod path for residents to safely walk from Cherry Tree Close towards The Green.
The path is being extended following a successful bid by North Lopham Parish Council under Norfolk County Council's Parish Partnership scheme.
Work on the £3,000 scheme will last about a week and while the road will remain open throughout traffic will be controlled by three-way traffic lights.
Meanwhile essential carriageway patching work will begin on Market Place, the link road between The Green and Market Street, in Pulham Market on October 29.
You may also want to watch:
Market Place will be closed to traffic during construction. A short diversion will be in place via The Green, Harleston Road and Market Street.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Firefighters tackle Yaxley workshop blaze
- 3 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 4 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 5 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 6 Number of coronavirus deaths passes 1,000 at Norfolk's hospitals
- 7 'Power of the high vis jacket' - Out with town's Covid watchdogs
- 8 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
- 9 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?