Rock legend to unveil Diss mural
Rock legend Rick Wakeman is to unveil a new mural during a 'party at the pavilion' in Diss park.The event, on Saturday May 31, features live bands, face painting, bungee run, hog roast, and a host of other attractions.
Rock legend Rick Wakeman is to unveil a new mural during a 'party at the pavilion' in Diss park.
The event, on Saturday May 31, features live bands, face painting, bungee run, hog roast, and a host of other attractions.
It will be the climax of a week of community events organised by Diss churches as part of the nationwide Hope08 initiative. This encourages churches of all denominations to unite in running youth festivals, family events, schools work and lifestyle courses through 2008.
Adrian Roy, assistant leader of Diss Christian Community Church, said: “We all want to bring about lasting change for the better by working with all facets of our community - local councils, housing associations, youth groups, businesses, churches, schools and individuals.”
You may also want to watch:
At Diss, volunteers will be assisting local people with a variety of household and maintenance tasks during the school half term as well as refurbishing the park pavilion, in conjunction with the town council, and repainting it with the mural. The party will take place from noon to 7pm on the Saturday, with the unveiling scheduled for 1pm.
- 1 New PCC - I will lobby home secretary to crackdown on police abusers
- 2 Buses converted into Covid testing units ahead of expected third wave
- 3 Bomber squadron museum release unseen war era photos
- 4 Lockdown to be eased: what else can I do from May 17?
- 5 'Your efforts have paid off' - Further lockdown lifting confirmed for May 17
- 6 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 7 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 8 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 9 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 10 Charity worker stole £12k from man, 90, and bought a shed