Rock legend to unveil Diss mural
Rock legend Rick Wakeman is to unveil a new mural during a 'party at the pavilion' in Diss park.The event, on Saturday May 31, features live bands, face painting, bungee run, hog roast, and a host of other attractions.
Rock legend Rick Wakeman is to unveil a new mural during a 'party at the pavilion' in Diss park.
The event, on Saturday May 31, features live bands, face painting, bungee run, hog roast, and a host of other attractions.
It will be the climax of a week of community events organised by Diss churches as part of the nationwide Hope08 initiative. This encourages churches of all denominations to unite in running youth festivals, family events, schools work and lifestyle courses through 2008.
Adrian Roy, assistant leader of Diss Christian Community Church, said: “We all want to bring about lasting change for the better by working with all facets of our community - local councils, housing associations, youth groups, businesses, churches, schools and individuals.”
You may also want to watch:
At Diss, volunteers will be assisting local people with a variety of household and maintenance tasks during the school half term as well as refurbishing the park pavilion, in conjunction with the town council, and repainting it with the mural. The party will take place from noon to 7pm on the Saturday, with the unveiling scheduled for 1pm.
- 1 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 2 'It seems to be a new normal' - 'Pingdemic' forces barbers to close
- 3 Ron and Norma share their secret to 60 years of marriage
- 4 Midwich sees profits leap 29pc in first half of 2021
- 5 Record numbers in Norfolk ‘pinged’ to isolate by NHS Covid app
- 6 Tributes paid to farmer and WW2 museum curator
- 7 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 8 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 9 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
- 10 Villagers gather for unveiling of play area after £45k fundraiser