Rock legend to unveil Diss mural
Rock legend Rick Wakeman is to unveil a new mural during a 'party at the pavilion' in Diss park.The event, on Saturday May 31, features live bands, face painting, bungee run, hog roast, and a host of other attractions.
Rock legend Rick Wakeman is to unveil a new mural during a 'party at the pavilion' in Diss park.
The event, on Saturday May 31, features live bands, face painting, bungee run, hog roast, and a host of other attractions.
It will be the climax of a week of community events organised by Diss churches as part of the nationwide Hope08 initiative. This encourages churches of all denominations to unite in running youth festivals, family events, schools work and lifestyle courses through 2008.
Adrian Roy, assistant leader of Diss Christian Community Church, said: “We all want to bring about lasting change for the better by working with all facets of our community - local councils, housing associations, youth groups, businesses, churches, schools and individuals.”
You may also want to watch:
At Diss, volunteers will be assisting local people with a variety of household and maintenance tasks during the school half term as well as refurbishing the park pavilion, in conjunction with the town council, and repainting it with the mural. The party will take place from noon to 7pm on the Saturday, with the unveiling scheduled for 1pm.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Why I Love Norfolk: Ben and Matthew Conway
- 3 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 4 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 5 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 6 Buildings available to rent in grounds of monastery in Norfolk
- 7 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 8 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
- 9 Four weekends of road closures in Diss due to resurfacing work
- 10 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021