Rock star backs Waveney arts trail
A south Norfolk-based rock star has given his backing to an art trail along the Norfolk-Suffolk border.Renowned composer, songwriter and raconteur Rick Wakeman has voiced his backing for Waveney Springs Art Trail 2010, which begins next month .
A SOUTH Norfolk-based rock star has given his backing to an art trail along the Norfolk-Suffolk border.
Renowned composer, songwriter and raconteur Rick Wakeman has voiced his backing for Waveney Springs Art Trail 2010, which begins next month .
Artists will open up their studios to the public on the weekends of September 11 and 12 and September 18 and 19 and art will also appear in local shops. This year's event is entitled The Closer You Get Diss Appears.
The former Yes keyboardist joins South Norfolk MP Richard Bacon, who plans to walk part of the route, and art critic Brian Sewell in support for the Waveney Springs Art Trail.
You may also want to watch:
The musician, who lives at Scole, near Diss, said: 'I whole heartedly support the Waveney Springs art trail and the local shops collaborating with the local artists. It's a fact that as I get closer, Diss appears.'
The trial has been organised by the Waveney Springs Art Collective. Throughout September, the Old Stables at the Diss Corn Hall will have an exhibition of work from featured artists from 11am to 4pm, Monday to Saturday.
- 1 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 2 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 3 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 4 Bomber squadron museum release unseen war era photos
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 6 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 7 New PCC - I will lobby home secretary to crackdown on police abusers
- 8 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 9 Charity worker stole £12k from man, 90, and bought a shed
- 10 Lorry driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving on A140
For more information, visit www.waveneysprings.co.uk.