Rock star backs Waveney arts trail
A south Norfolk-based rock star has given his backing to an art trail along the Norfolk-Suffolk border.Renowned composer, songwriter and raconteur Rick Wakeman has voiced his backing for Waveney Springs Art Trail 2010, which begins next month .
A SOUTH Norfolk-based rock star has given his backing to an art trail along the Norfolk-Suffolk border.
Renowned composer, songwriter and raconteur Rick Wakeman has voiced his backing for Waveney Springs Art Trail 2010, which begins next month .
Artists will open up their studios to the public on the weekends of September 11 and 12 and September 18 and 19 and art will also appear in local shops. This year's event is entitled The Closer You Get Diss Appears.
The former Yes keyboardist joins South Norfolk MP Richard Bacon, who plans to walk part of the route, and art critic Brian Sewell in support for the Waveney Springs Art Trail.
You may also want to watch:
The musician, who lives at Scole, near Diss, said: 'I whole heartedly support the Waveney Springs art trail and the local shops collaborating with the local artists. It's a fact that as I get closer, Diss appears.'
The trial has been organised by the Waveney Springs Art Collective. Throughout September, the Old Stables at the Diss Corn Hall will have an exhibition of work from featured artists from 11am to 4pm, Monday to Saturday.
- 1 Steam trains to run at night with illuminations this Christmas
- 2 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 3 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 4 Police chief urges people to be sensible this Halloween
- 5 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 8 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 9 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 10 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
For more information, visit www.waveneysprings.co.uk.