Rock star backs Waveney arts trail
A south Norfolk-based rock star has given his backing to an art trail along the Norfolk-Suffolk border.Renowned composer, songwriter and raconteur Rick Wakeman has voiced his backing for Waveney Springs Art Trail 2010, which begins next month .
A SOUTH Norfolk-based rock star has given his backing to an art trail along the Norfolk-Suffolk border.
Renowned composer, songwriter and raconteur Rick Wakeman has voiced his backing for Waveney Springs Art Trail 2010, which begins next month .
Artists will open up their studios to the public on the weekends of September 11 and 12 and September 18 and 19 and art will also appear in local shops. This year's event is entitled The Closer You Get Diss Appears.
The former Yes keyboardist joins South Norfolk MP Richard Bacon, who plans to walk part of the route, and art critic Brian Sewell in support for the Waveney Springs Art Trail.
You may also want to watch:
The musician, who lives at Scole, near Diss, said: 'I whole heartedly support the Waveney Springs art trail and the local shops collaborating with the local artists. It's a fact that as I get closer, Diss appears.'
The trial has been organised by the Waveney Springs Art Collective. Throughout September, the Old Stables at the Diss Corn Hall will have an exhibition of work from featured artists from 11am to 4pm, Monday to Saturday.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 3 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 4 Covid app changes mean fewer people will be 'pinged'
- 5 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 6 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'
- 7 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 8 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 9 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 10 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
For more information, visit www.waveneysprings.co.uk.