Rock star backs Waveney arts trail
A south Norfolk-based rock star has given his backing to an art trail along the Norfolk-Suffolk border.Renowned composer, songwriter and raconteur Rick Wakeman has voiced his backing for Waveney Springs Art Trail 2010, which begins next month .
A SOUTH Norfolk-based rock star has given his backing to an art trail along the Norfolk-Suffolk border.
Renowned composer, songwriter and raconteur Rick Wakeman has voiced his backing for Waveney Springs Art Trail 2010, which begins next month .
Artists will open up their studios to the public on the weekends of September 11 and 12 and September 18 and 19 and art will also appear in local shops. This year's event is entitled The Closer You Get Diss Appears.
The former Yes keyboardist joins South Norfolk MP Richard Bacon, who plans to walk part of the route, and art critic Brian Sewell in support for the Waveney Springs Art Trail.
The musician, who lives at Scole, near Diss, said: 'I whole heartedly support the Waveney Springs art trail and the local shops collaborating with the local artists. It's a fact that as I get closer, Diss appears.'
The trial has been organised by the Waveney Springs Art Collective. Throughout September, the Old Stables at the Diss Corn Hall will have an exhibition of work from featured artists from 11am to 4pm, Monday to Saturday.
- 1 As seen on TV: The Norfolk guest house with a spa...in a bank vault!
- 2 Travel: Stay on the UK's first floating glamping pod...in Beccles
- 3 Road cleared after severe delays in Diss following vehicle breakdown
- 4 Street food, live music and fireworks planned for Diss Jubilee celebrations
- 5 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
- 6 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 7 Rare 19th century painting discovered in Norfolk home could fetch £50k
- 8 Man admits arsons which killed 50 pigs and caused £680k of damage
- 9 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 10 The 4 most wanted men in Norfolk
For more information, visit www.waveneysprings.co.uk.