Businessman and community figure dies in Gran Canaria
- Credit: Archant
A businessman and community figure has died while on holiday on New Year's Eve.
Grandfather-of-seven Roy Gallagher was known for his innovation in mobile home design with Eye business Country Homes, and was formerly manager at Omar Homes in Diss. He was also a parish councillor, Freemason, and school governor in his home village of Bressingham, where he lived for around 40 years.
Mr Gallagher passed away aged 71 in Gran Canaria on New Year's Eve of a severe chest infection.
His son, Daniel Gallagher, said: 'He will definitely be missed in the community. He was on holiday just for Christmas.'
Mr Gallagher trained as a carpenter before forging a career in mobile home design, becoming company director of Country Homes and The National Caravan Council.
You may also want to watch:
His son added: 'He basically changed the way that mobile homes are built now.'
Mr Gallagher's funeral will be held at St Henry Morse Catholic Church in Diss on Friday, January 25 at 1pm, followed by a private cremation. Donations in his memory for either the Prince's Trust Enterprises or Band of Builders can be sent c/o Rosedale Funeral Home, 63 Victoria Road, Diss, IP22 4JE or via Much Loved memorial website www.rosedalefuneralhome.co.uk
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 3 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 4 UEA expert: Covid isolation 'will still be needed in a year's time'
- 5 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 6 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 7 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 8 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 9 Villagers gather for unveiling of play area after £45k fundraiser
- 10 All you need to know ahead of the Old Buckenham Airshow 2021