Village campaigners celebrate victory with community disco
- Credit: Archant
To celebrate their victory in a parish boundary battle residents of a village held a community disco.
Around a hundred people attended the party at Roydon Village Hall which was organised by the campaigners who had been fighting South Norfolk Council's boundary review.
Organiser Nikki Jane Atkins said: 'We would like say a massive thank you to everyone who helped with our celebration disco.
'It really was a combined community event which marked the end of our campaign to keep our village community together.'
South Norfolk Council had been carrying out a community governance review since last year to consider changing the existing parish boundaries.
You may also want to watch:
The proposed changes in the small village of Roydon would have seen around 43pc of the town swallowed up into nearby Diss.
However, after a six-month campaign from residents, the councillors voted down the proposals.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 3 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 4 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 5 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 6 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 7 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'
- 8 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 9 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 10 UEA expert: Covid isolation 'will still be needed in a year's time'
The We Are Roydon community group's next even will be a village fete on Monday May 7 at the Village Hall.