Village campaigners celebrate victory with community disco
- Credit: Archant
To celebrate their victory in a parish boundary battle residents of a village held a community disco.
Around a hundred people attended the party at Roydon Village Hall which was organised by the campaigners who had been fighting South Norfolk Council's boundary review.
Organiser Nikki Jane Atkins said: 'We would like say a massive thank you to everyone who helped with our celebration disco.
'It really was a combined community event which marked the end of our campaign to keep our village community together.'
South Norfolk Council had been carrying out a community governance review since last year to consider changing the existing parish boundaries.
You may also want to watch:
The proposed changes in the small village of Roydon would have seen around 43pc of the town swallowed up into nearby Diss.
However, after a six-month campaign from residents, the councillors voted down the proposals.
- 1 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 2 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 3 New head unveiled at high school with 'so much potential'
- 4 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 5 How will exam grades and primary school tests work this summer?
- 6 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 7 Cash For Charities: Win a share of £20,000 for your favourite good cause
- 8 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
- 9 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 10 Walk-in vaccine clinics cancelled following influx of bookings
The We Are Roydon community group's next even will be a village fete on Monday May 7 at the Village Hall.