Village campaigners celebrate victory with community disco
- Credit: Archant
To celebrate their victory in a parish boundary battle residents of a village held a community disco.
Around a hundred people attended the party at Roydon Village Hall which was organised by the campaigners who had been fighting South Norfolk Council's boundary review.
Organiser Nikki Jane Atkins said: 'We would like say a massive thank you to everyone who helped with our celebration disco.
'It really was a combined community event which marked the end of our campaign to keep our village community together.'
South Norfolk Council had been carrying out a community governance review since last year to consider changing the existing parish boundaries.
You may also want to watch:
The proposed changes in the small village of Roydon would have seen around 43pc of the town swallowed up into nearby Diss.
However, after a six-month campaign from residents, the councillors voted down the proposals.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 'Power of the high vis jacket' - Out with town's Covid watchdogs
- 3 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 4 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 5 5 tips from Norwich expert to keep your car in peak condition in lockdown
- 6 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
- 7 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 8 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 9 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 10 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
The We Are Roydon community group's next even will be a village fete on Monday May 7 at the Village Hall.