Village campaigners celebrate victory with community disco
- Credit: Archant
To celebrate their victory in a parish boundary battle residents of a village held a community disco.
Around a hundred people attended the party at Roydon Village Hall which was organised by the campaigners who had been fighting South Norfolk Council's boundary review.
Organiser Nikki Jane Atkins said: 'We would like say a massive thank you to everyone who helped with our celebration disco.
'It really was a combined community event which marked the end of our campaign to keep our village community together.'
South Norfolk Council had been carrying out a community governance review since last year to consider changing the existing parish boundaries.
The proposed changes in the small village of Roydon would have seen around 43pc of the town swallowed up into nearby Diss.
However, after a six-month campaign from residents, the councillors voted down the proposals.
- 1 As seen on TV: The Norfolk guest house with a spa...in a bank vault!
- 2 Travel: Stay on the UK's first floating glamping pod...in Beccles
- 3 Road cleared after severe delays in Diss following vehicle breakdown
- 4 Street food, live music and fireworks planned for Diss Jubilee celebrations
- 5 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
- 6 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 7 Rare 19th century painting discovered in Norfolk home could fetch £50k
- 8 Man admits arsons which killed 50 pigs and caused £680k of damage
- 9 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 10 New vintage gift and homeware shop opens in historic building
The We Are Roydon community group's next even will be a village fete on Monday May 7 at the Village Hall.