Village campaigners celebrate victory with community disco
- Credit: Archant
To celebrate their victory in a parish boundary battle residents of a village held a community disco.
Around a hundred people attended the party at Roydon Village Hall which was organised by the campaigners who had been fighting South Norfolk Council's boundary review.
Organiser Nikki Jane Atkins said: 'We would like say a massive thank you to everyone who helped with our celebration disco.
'It really was a combined community event which marked the end of our campaign to keep our village community together.'
South Norfolk Council had been carrying out a community governance review since last year to consider changing the existing parish boundaries.
You may also want to watch:
The proposed changes in the small village of Roydon would have seen around 43pc of the town swallowed up into nearby Diss.
However, after a six-month campaign from residents, the councillors voted down the proposals.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 4 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 5 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 6 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 7 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 8 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 9 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 10 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
The We Are Roydon community group's next even will be a village fete on Monday May 7 at the Village Hall.