A teenager from Harleston has braved the shave for charity
- Credit: Archant
A teenager has raised more than £700 for Cancer Research UK by having her head shaved.
On Saturday, February 17, Ruby McCabe, from Harleston had her shoulder length hair shaved off in aid of Cancer Research UK.
Following the dramatic haircut the 13-year-old took to Instagram to say she had been inspired to 'brave the shave' by her family and friends and the many moving stories she has heard.
She said: 'Cancer is something that so many of us have been affected by, whether it's us or a friend, a family member or simply someone we saw on TV.
'We have all experienced it, or will, so we must make positive changes, then together we may someday be able to beat it and other terrible diseases.'
You may also want to watch:
So far Ruby has raised almost £800 and is hoping to reach a total of £1000 for Cancer Research UK.
To donate visit: https://fundraise.cancerresearchuk.org/page/rubys-giving-page-6
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 3 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 4 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 5 Four weekends of road closures in Diss due to resurfacing work
- 6 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 7 Train troubles in Norfolk after lorry hits overhead cables
- 8 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 9 Contactless card payment limit increased to £100
- 10 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital