A teenager from Harleston has braved the shave for charity
- Credit: Archant
A teenager has raised more than £700 for Cancer Research UK by having her head shaved.
On Saturday, February 17, Ruby McCabe, from Harleston had her shoulder length hair shaved off in aid of Cancer Research UK.
Following the dramatic haircut the 13-year-old took to Instagram to say she had been inspired to 'brave the shave' by her family and friends and the many moving stories she has heard.
She said: 'Cancer is something that so many of us have been affected by, whether it's us or a friend, a family member or simply someone we saw on TV.
'We have all experienced it, or will, so we must make positive changes, then together we may someday be able to beat it and other terrible diseases.'
You may also want to watch:
So far Ruby has raised almost £800 and is hoping to reach a total of £1000 for Cancer Research UK.
To donate visit: https://fundraise.cancerresearchuk.org/page/rubys-giving-page-6
- 1 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 2 The 5 most viewed homes on the market in Norfolk last month
- 3 Ex-battery hens in need of free-range retirement homes
- 4 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 5 Are we on the verge of a post-Covid mental health crisis?
- 6 7 things every child in Norfolk should do before they are five
- 7 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 8 Norfolk's police deal with sharp rise in mental health-related callouts
- 9 Covid app changes mean fewer people will be 'pinged'
- 10 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu