A teenager from Harleston has braved the shave for charity
- Credit: Archant
A teenager has raised more than £700 for Cancer Research UK by having her head shaved.
On Saturday, February 17, Ruby McCabe, from Harleston had her shoulder length hair shaved off in aid of Cancer Research UK.
Following the dramatic haircut the 13-year-old took to Instagram to say she had been inspired to 'brave the shave' by her family and friends and the many moving stories she has heard.
She said: 'Cancer is something that so many of us have been affected by, whether it's us or a friend, a family member or simply someone we saw on TV.
'We have all experienced it, or will, so we must make positive changes, then together we may someday be able to beat it and other terrible diseases.'
You may also want to watch:
So far Ruby has raised almost £800 and is hoping to reach a total of £1000 for Cancer Research UK.
To donate visit: https://fundraise.cancerresearchuk.org/page/rubys-giving-page-6
- 1 Funeral arrangements for Prince Philip confirmed
- 2 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 3 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published
- 4 Lorry driver, 75, denies causing A140 motorist's death by careless driving
- 5 Man denies arsons which caused £680k damage and killed 50 pigs
- 6 Pubs and shops to open on Monday: what else can I do when restrictions are eased?
- 7 Village post office set to reopen after flooding damage
- 8 Why will secondary pupils still have to wear face masks after Easter?
- 9 Prince Charles says royal family are 'deeply grateful' for public support following Prince Philip death
- 10 'Norfolk was a special place to him' - MPs' tributes to Prince Philip