Runway run raises �10,000 for air ambulance
Adam GrettonA lifesaving charity has announced that a runway run at a south Norfolk airfield will be returning this year after its inaugural event raised more than �10,000.Adam Gretton
A lifesaving charity has announced that a runway run at a south Norfolk airfield will be returning this year after its inaugural event raised more than �10,000.
One hundred and fifty competitors took part in the run at Tibenham Airfield, near Diss, in September to raise funds for the East Anglian Air Ambulance (EAAA).
Officials from the air ambulance charity have decided to hold another runway run at the Norfolk Gliding Club venue after participants generated �10,300 last year.
This year's 5km run will be held on Saturday September 25.
You may also want to watch:
Hannah Clay, EAAA fundraising manager for South Norfolk, said the inaugural event had produced a 'fantastic' result.
'We're delighted that our first runway run has raised so much money and would like to express our deep thanks and gratitude to all those who ran - and to all those who so generously supported them. We're already looking forward to this year's event, which will be bigger and better,' she said.
- 1 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 2 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 3 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 4 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 5 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 6 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 7 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 8 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 9 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 10 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
The charity operates a 365 day life-saving air ambulance service across the east of England and costs �3m a year to keep its two ambulances in the air.
For more information call 0845 066 9999 or visit www.eaaa.org.uk.