Santa to visit Gissing St Nicholas Fayre
- Credit: Archant © 2010
Father Christmas is expected as a guest at a Norfolk village's annual festive fayre.
Gissing's annual St Nicholas Fayre is expecting its usual crowd of visitors on the afternoon of Saturday, December 2.
Father Christmas himself is expected at 2.15pm, arriving in his own special transport and escorted by lantern-carrying elves.
He will settle himself in his grotto in The Old School with his sack of presents for the many children that are always keen to meet him.
Other attractions include an exhibition of the entries for a children's christmas card competition and presents and crafts from a wide range of local producers on sale in the recently-built community building.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a grand draw for a Christmas hamper and festive refreshments including mince pies, turkey rolls, hot dogs and cakes.
The fayre is open from 2pm to 6pm and admission is free. Plenty of car parking space is available outside the new community building in Rectory Road.
- 1 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 2 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 3 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 4 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 5 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 6 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 8 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 9 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 10 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages