Schools close early after snow
Several schools in south Norfolk have been closed this afternoon after a blanket of snow covered the district.Hundreds of schoolchildren were granted a half day after heavy snow began to fall this morning.
Several schools in south Norfolk have been closed this afternoon after a blanket of snow covered the district.
Hundreds of schoolchildren were granted a half day after heavy snow began to fall this morning.
Those schools that have fallen victim to the freezing temperatures and treacherous weather conditions include:
Attleborough High School will close from 1.30pm today as a result of the heavy snow making travelling conditions difficult and the site unsafe.
Carleton Rode Primary School closed at midday due to worsening weather conditions and difficulties with travelling on local small roads.
Chapel Road School in Attleborough will close from 1.30pm today , to ensure all pupils can travel home safely during daylight hours.
- 1 Café completely sells out on first week of launching Sunday roasts
- 2 Three Suffolk pubs join forces for Jubilee weekend beer festival
- 3 Country park to host jubilee picnic with street food, Pimm's and cream teas
- 4 Diss mayor hopes to see town 'prosper' following re-election
- 5 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 6 100 East Anglian events you cannot miss this summer
- 7 As seen on TV: The Norfolk guest house with a spa...in a bank vault!
- 8 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 9 Electric aircraft to take to the skies over Norfolk
- 10 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
Dickleburgh Primary has suffered a heating failure and could be shut for another two days.
Diss High School will also close early at 2.15pm because of the snow.
Forncett St Peter Primary, near Long Stratton, is closed because of worsening weather conditions.
Old Buckenham High School shut at 12.30pm and will remain closed all day on Thursday. Old Buckenham Community Primary School is also closed.
Tacolneston Primary School will close early at 2pm today due to worsening road conditions and safety concerns for children and staff.
Snow has also shut Wymondham High School at 12.15pm today.