Schools close early after snow
Several schools in south Norfolk have been closed this afternoon after a blanket of snow covered the district.Hundreds of schoolchildren were granted a half day after heavy snow began to fall this morning.
Several schools in south Norfolk have been closed this afternoon after a blanket of snow covered the district.
Hundreds of schoolchildren were granted a half day after heavy snow began to fall this morning.
Those schools that have fallen victim to the freezing temperatures and treacherous weather conditions include:
Attleborough High School will close from 1.30pm today as a result of the heavy snow making travelling conditions difficult and the site unsafe.
You may also want to watch:
Carleton Rode Primary School closed at midday due to worsening weather conditions and difficulties with travelling on local small roads.
Chapel Road School in Attleborough will close from 1.30pm today , to ensure all pupils can travel home safely during daylight hours.
- 1 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 2 Town reveals plans for post-lockdown celebration
- 3 Radio station reveals plans to open 'game changing' second studio
- 4 Calls for ban on development around town's beauty spot
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 7 Norfolk patients’ group welcomes choice of face-to-face GP consultations
- 8 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 9 American serviceman's legacy remembered through new war-inspired nose art
- 10 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
Dickleburgh Primary has suffered a heating failure and could be shut for another two days.
Diss High School will also close early at 2.15pm because of the snow.
Forncett St Peter Primary, near Long Stratton, is closed because of worsening weather conditions.
Old Buckenham High School shut at 12.30pm and will remain closed all day on Thursday. Old Buckenham Community Primary School is also closed.
Tacolneston Primary School will close early at 2pm today due to worsening road conditions and safety concerns for children and staff.
Snow has also shut Wymondham High School at 12.15pm today.