Schools close early after snow
Several schools in south Norfolk have been closed this afternoon after a blanket of snow covered the district.Hundreds of schoolchildren were granted a half day after heavy snow began to fall this morning.
Several schools in south Norfolk have been closed this afternoon after a blanket of snow covered the district.
Hundreds of schoolchildren were granted a half day after heavy snow began to fall this morning.
Those schools that have fallen victim to the freezing temperatures and treacherous weather conditions include:
Attleborough High School will close from 1.30pm today as a result of the heavy snow making travelling conditions difficult and the site unsafe.
You may also want to watch:
Carleton Rode Primary School closed at midday due to worsening weather conditions and difficulties with travelling on local small roads.
Chapel Road School in Attleborough will close from 1.30pm today , to ensure all pupils can travel home safely during daylight hours.
- 1 Steam trains to run at night with illuminations this Christmas
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 4 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 5 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 6 Police chief urges people to be sensible this Halloween
- 7 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 8 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 9 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 10 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
Dickleburgh Primary has suffered a heating failure and could be shut for another two days.
Diss High School will also close early at 2.15pm because of the snow.
Forncett St Peter Primary, near Long Stratton, is closed because of worsening weather conditions.
Old Buckenham High School shut at 12.30pm and will remain closed all day on Thursday. Old Buckenham Community Primary School is also closed.
Tacolneston Primary School will close early at 2pm today due to worsening road conditions and safety concerns for children and staff.
Snow has also shut Wymondham High School at 12.15pm today.