Scole nursery Ofsted joy
A NORFOLK nursery has been labelled 'good' by Ofsted in a recent inspection report.Scole Pre-School Group, based at Scole Community Centre, is run by a voluntary committee and was founded as a registered charity in 1970.
A NORFOLK nursery has been labelled 'good' by Ofsted in a recent inspection report.
Scole Pre-School Group, based at Scole Community Centre, is run by a voluntary committee and was founded as a registered charity in 1970. Children attending the group have an enclosed outdoors play area and also use the building's main hall.
Inspector Sarah Johnson said that 'children settle with ease when they arrive at the pre-school, welcomed in by the warm and friendly staff.'
'The small staff team is led and managed well, and there are good systems for self-evaluation which help to bring about improvements to outcomes for children,' she said.
You may also want to watch:
However, despite the praise, the report also pointed out several areas of possible improvement for the three members of staff.
The group should offer more opportunities for parents to have access to their child's learning records, it suggests, and ensure their comments are regularly sought.
- 1 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 2 Truck stopped for 'unsecure load' during road check
- 3 Ron and Norma share their secret to 60 years of marriage
- 4 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 5 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 6 Parkruns return to Norfolk for first time since Covid
- 7 Tributes paid to farmer and WW2 museum curator
- 8 Hunt for man who chased girl and pulled knife on teenage boys
- 9 Mysterious boarded up cottage for sale for £200,000
- 10 7 places to avoid the crowds in Norfolk this summer
Children should also be taught a greater awareness of differences in gender, ethnicity, language and religion by providing a wider range of special events.
The pre-school is open every weekday except for Wednesday, from 9.15 to 11.45am during term times.