Scole nursery Ofsted joy
A NORFOLK nursery has been labelled 'good' by Ofsted in a recent inspection report.Scole Pre-School Group, based at Scole Community Centre, is run by a voluntary committee and was founded as a registered charity in 1970.
A NORFOLK nursery has been labelled 'good' by Ofsted in a recent inspection report.
Scole Pre-School Group, based at Scole Community Centre, is run by a voluntary committee and was founded as a registered charity in 1970. Children attending the group have an enclosed outdoors play area and also use the building's main hall.
Inspector Sarah Johnson said that 'children settle with ease when they arrive at the pre-school, welcomed in by the warm and friendly staff.'
'The small staff team is led and managed well, and there are good systems for self-evaluation which help to bring about improvements to outcomes for children,' she said.
However, despite the praise, the report also pointed out several areas of possible improvement for the three members of staff.
The group should offer more opportunities for parents to have access to their child's learning records, it suggests, and ensure their comments are regularly sought.
- 1 Travel: Stay on the UK's first floating glamping pod...in Beccles
- 2 Road cleared after severe delays in Diss following vehicle breakdown
- 3 Street food, live music and fireworks planned for Diss Jubilee celebrations
- 4 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 5 Rare 19th century painting discovered in Norfolk home could fetch £50k
- 6 Man admits arsons which killed 50 pigs and caused £680k of damage
- 7 The 4 most wanted men in Norfolk
- 8 New vintage gift and homeware shop opens in historic building
- 9 Major supermarkets order urgent product recalls over salmonella fears
- 10 Dad's poignant fundraiser in memory of 'brave' son, 15
Children should also be taught a greater awareness of differences in gender, ethnicity, language and religion by providing a wider range of special events.
The pre-school is open every weekday except for Wednesday, from 9.15 to 11.45am during term times.