Scole nursery Ofsted joy
A NORFOLK nursery has been labelled 'good' by Ofsted in a recent inspection report.Scole Pre-School Group, based at Scole Community Centre, is run by a voluntary committee and was founded as a registered charity in 1970.
A NORFOLK nursery has been labelled 'good' by Ofsted in a recent inspection report.
Scole Pre-School Group, based at Scole Community Centre, is run by a voluntary committee and was founded as a registered charity in 1970. Children attending the group have an enclosed outdoors play area and also use the building's main hall.
Inspector Sarah Johnson said that 'children settle with ease when they arrive at the pre-school, welcomed in by the warm and friendly staff.'
'The small staff team is led and managed well, and there are good systems for self-evaluation which help to bring about improvements to outcomes for children,' she said.
You may also want to watch:
However, despite the praise, the report also pointed out several areas of possible improvement for the three members of staff.
The group should offer more opportunities for parents to have access to their child's learning records, it suggests, and ensure their comments are regularly sought.
- 1 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 2 Victorian rectory in 5.5 acres for sale for £1.35m
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 Mapped: How will the electoral changes impact you?
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 6 Search for Norfolk neighbours to take on Suffolk in food waste fight
- 7 'Honour of my life' - Former crime commissioner reflects on time in role
- 8 Six things to see when Norfolk's museums reopen on May 17
- 9 Lockdown to be eased: what else can I do from May 17?
- 10 Shake-up will see 73 of 84 Norfolk wards changed
Children should also be taught a greater awareness of differences in gender, ethnicity, language and religion by providing a wider range of special events.
The pre-school is open every weekday except for Wednesday, from 9.15 to 11.45am during term times.