Scole nursery Ofsted joy
A NORFOLK nursery has been labelled 'good' by Ofsted in a recent inspection report.Scole Pre-School Group, based at Scole Community Centre, is run by a voluntary committee and was founded as a registered charity in 1970.
A NORFOLK nursery has been labelled 'good' by Ofsted in a recent inspection report.
Scole Pre-School Group, based at Scole Community Centre, is run by a voluntary committee and was founded as a registered charity in 1970. Children attending the group have an enclosed outdoors play area and also use the building's main hall.
Inspector Sarah Johnson said that 'children settle with ease when they arrive at the pre-school, welcomed in by the warm and friendly staff.'
'The small staff team is led and managed well, and there are good systems for self-evaluation which help to bring about improvements to outcomes for children,' she said.
You may also want to watch:
However, despite the praise, the report also pointed out several areas of possible improvement for the three members of staff.
The group should offer more opportunities for parents to have access to their child's learning records, it suggests, and ensure their comments are regularly sought.
- 1 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 2 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 3 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 4 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 5 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 6 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 7 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 8 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 9 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 10 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
Children should also be taught a greater awareness of differences in gender, ethnicity, language and religion by providing a wider range of special events.
The pre-school is open every weekday except for Wednesday, from 9.15 to 11.45am during term times.