Water main work to close road for three months
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Work to install a new water main will see a road linking South Norfolk villages closed to traffic for almost three months.
Anglian Water will be starting to lay the new mains pipeline between Scole and Burston, near Diss, from the beginning of September.
The work will see Scole Common Road, Burston Road and Audley End, the roads linking the two villages, closed to motorists from September 2 to November 22.
Part of Norwich Road in Scole will also be closed as will the Scole Common Road bridge over the A140 dual carriageway.
Drivers are likely to take the alternative road linking Burston to the A140 via Shimpling.
You may also want to watch:
Part of the closed road is also crossed by the Boudicca Way long-distance footpath. Despite the road closure emergency access will be maintained at all times.
- 1 New PCC - I will lobby home secretary to crackdown on police abusers
- 2 Buses converted into Covid testing units ahead of expected third wave
- 3 Bomber squadron museum release unseen war era photos
- 4 Lockdown to be eased: what else can I do from May 17?
- 5 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 6 'Your efforts have paid off' - Further lockdown lifting confirmed for May 17
- 7 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 8 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 9 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 10 Charity worker stole £12k from man, 90, and bought a shed