Water main work to close road for three months
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Work to install a new water main will see a road linking South Norfolk villages closed to traffic for almost three months.
Anglian Water will be starting to lay the new mains pipeline between Scole and Burston, near Diss, from the beginning of September.
The work will see Scole Common Road, Burston Road and Audley End, the roads linking the two villages, closed to motorists from September 2 to November 22.
Part of Norwich Road in Scole will also be closed as will the Scole Common Road bridge over the A140 dual carriageway.
Drivers are likely to take the alternative road linking Burston to the A140 via Shimpling.
You may also want to watch:
Part of the closed road is also crossed by the Boudicca Way long-distance footpath. Despite the road closure emergency access will be maintained at all times.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Why I Love Norfolk: Ben and Matthew Conway
- 3 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 4 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 5 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 6 Buildings available to rent in grounds of monastery in Norfolk
- 7 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 8 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
- 9 Four weekends of road closures in Diss due to resurfacing work
- 10 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021