Water main work to close road for three months
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Work to install a new water main will see a road linking South Norfolk villages closed to traffic for almost three months.
Anglian Water will be starting to lay the new mains pipeline between Scole and Burston, near Diss, from the beginning of September.
The work will see Scole Common Road, Burston Road and Audley End, the roads linking the two villages, closed to motorists from September 2 to November 22.
Part of Norwich Road in Scole will also be closed as will the Scole Common Road bridge over the A140 dual carriageway.
Drivers are likely to take the alternative road linking Burston to the A140 via Shimpling.
You may also want to watch:
Part of the closed road is also crossed by the Boudicca Way long-distance footpath. Despite the road closure emergency access will be maintained at all times.
- 1 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 2 Record numbers in Norfolk ‘pinged’ to isolate by NHS Covid app
- 3 Ron and Norma share their secret to 60 years of marriage
- 4 Tributes paid to farmer and WW2 museum curator
- 5 Midwich sees profits leap 29pc in first half of 2021
- 6 Villagers gather for unveiling of play area after £45k fundraiser
- 7 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 8 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
- 9 Thatched roof fire breaks out in Suffolk village
- 10 Hunt for man who chased girl and pulled knife on teenage boys