Scouts in funding boost joy
- Credit: Jason Bye
A south Norfolk scout group has received £300 as part of a cash windfall from a Norfolk businessman.
The first Fressingfield Scout group were given the money as part of the Almary Green Awards initiative which was set up in 2011 by Carl Lamb to mark the 10th anniversary of his Norwich-based chartered financial planners.
Fressingfield group scout leader Andrew Aalders-Dunthorne said the cash would be put towards a field kitchen to benefit the group's 150 strong membership who are aged from six to 25.
He said: 'The award from Almary Green is gratefully received on behalf of all our members who will benefit from it.
'Scouts like to be prepared. We don't shy away from inclement weather. A large dining shelter with lightweight tables and benches for taking meals will be complemented with hotboxes and special tea urns to keep us all refreshed and, more importantly, warm and dry.'
You may also want to watch:
The initiative has donated more than £10,000 to good causes for four years in a row and this year 16 groups have been given awards of up to £1,699.
Mr Lamb, managing director of Almary Green, said: 'Almary Green is in the position we are in today because we have been supported by local people and local businesses.
- 1 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 2 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 3 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 4 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 5 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 6 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 8 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021
- 9 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 10 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
'I believe it's right to share some of our good fortune with the community.
'Almary Green wants to encourage groups who are volunteering so much of their own time and resources to make a difference to the lives of people who have been less fortunate.'
Have you got a story to tell us? Email email@example.com