Share memories at tank museum D-Day commemoration
- Credit: Nick Butcher
People with war time memories to share will be able to add them to the archive when Norfolk Tank Museum holds a special 75th anniversary commemoration of D-Day.
The museum at Forncett St Peter has produced a special short documentary focusing on the stories of Norfolk veterans and their experiences on D-Day, both at home and on the beaches.
And as part of its D-Day commemoration event on June 9 it will have a videographer present to record memories from people would like to share for the archive.
The event will also feature re-enactors and military historians keen to talk about the conflict, answer questions and chat about memories and any artifacts people bring along.
Visitors will also be able to find out how D-Day was reported back home with an exhibition of original D-Day press photographs from the landings and from the deception campaign Operation Bodyguard which preceded it.
The D-Day exhibition and video will be on display at the museum throughout June. Full details at norfolktankmuseum.co.uk
- 1 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 2 JCB skip loader worth £5,500 stolen from Suffolk village
- 3 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 4 Approval granted for 69 new homes in Suffolk village
- 5 'Key moment' for town centre as £800,000 improvements agreed
- 6 Haulage company turns recruitment corner after upping wages five times
- 7 Tribute paid to father-of-three who died near his home aged 36
- 8 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 9 Mum's tribute to 'amazing' son amid mental health plea
- 10 Case adjourned for woman charged with causing death by careless driving