Shelton with Hardwick and Hempnall Schools’ Federation host mini music festival
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A group of primary school pupils have celebrated their musical skills and hosted their very own mini festival.
On Wednesday, June 6, youngsters from Hempnall Primary School and Shelton with Hardwick Community School, welcomed musicians from Norfolk Music Hub and Long Stratton High School to their second annual Proms in the Woods event.
Under sunny skies pupils gathered in the grounds of Shelton school for picnic accompanied by an afternoon of performances from the school's choirs and pupils currently learning instruments along side musicians from Norfolk Music Hub musicians.
On Twitter the Federation tweeted: 'We had a brilliant day today at Proms in the Wood at Shelton! Huge congratulations to all the pupils of Shelton and Hempnall schools - you made us very proud today.'
Federation head teacher Laura Jestico said the day was all about celebrating music and success adding: 'It was a lovely afternoon with all the children getting to show off their talents.'
- 1 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 2 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
- 3 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 4 Norfolk MP's concern over new line of pylons
- 5 Electric aircraft to take to the skies over Norfolk
- 6 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 7 As seen on TV: The Norfolk guest house with a spa...in a bank vault!
- 8 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
- 9 Road cleared after severe delays in Diss following vehicle breakdown
- 10 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk