Shelton with Hardwick and Hempnall Schools’ Federation host mini music festival
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A group of primary school pupils have celebrated their musical skills and hosted their very own mini festival.
On Wednesday, June 6, youngsters from Hempnall Primary School and Shelton with Hardwick Community School, welcomed musicians from Norfolk Music Hub and Long Stratton High School to their second annual Proms in the Woods event.
Under sunny skies pupils gathered in the grounds of Shelton school for picnic accompanied by an afternoon of performances from the school's choirs and pupils currently learning instruments along side musicians from Norfolk Music Hub musicians.
On Twitter the Federation tweeted: 'We had a brilliant day today at Proms in the Wood at Shelton! Huge congratulations to all the pupils of Shelton and Hempnall schools - you made us very proud today.'
Federation head teacher Laura Jestico said the day was all about celebrating music and success adding: 'It was a lovely afternoon with all the children getting to show off their talents.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 2 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 3 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 4 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 5 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 6 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 8 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 9 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 10 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan