Signed Pele shirt is up for grabs in online auction to raise money for EACH
- Credit: Archant
A shirt signed by football legend Pele is one of the prizes up for grabs at an online auction to raise money for East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH).
Organisers of the auction, which runs from Saturday until June 28, said they had 'pulled off a major coup' by getting the shirt alongside a range of prestigious prizes.
A tie signed and donated by celebrity and Norfolk resident Stephen Fry is also up for grabs, alongside signed artwork personally donated by the internationally-renowned artist Fabian Perez.
A Six Nations rugby short signed by all six country captains is also for sale, along with signed 2013/14 Norwich City shirts and a seven-day stay at a beach villa in Gambia.
The auction is the brainchild of charity supporter Russell Baker, Lord Baker of Little Moulton.
You may also want to watch:
'EACH relies upon voluntary donations for the majority of their income,' he said. 'They receive some government funding but the majority comes from the community. It is important for local communities and businesses to pull together to help ensure the valued support local charities provide are able to continue.'
Mr Perez added: 'I am very pleased to support EACH, who are providing amazing work in the UK supporting children with life-threatening conditions and their families.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 4 Charity worker stole £12k from man, 90, and bought a shed
- 5 Former children's shoe fitter feels 'very special' on turning 100
- 6 All shops to charge 10p for plastic bags from May 21
- 7 Huge fire in scrapyard sees 11 fire engines descend on village
- 8 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Election day guide
- 9 Under-40s to be offered alternative to Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine
- 10 fEAST theatre brings story of Norfolk couple to the stage
'My donations should raise much needed funds to help the children of EACH.'
Visit the auction at http://galabid.com/auction/each
Are you doing something for charity? Contact the Mercury on 01379 651153 or firstname.lastname@example.org