Signed Pele shirt is up for grabs in online auction to raise money for EACH
- Credit: Archant
A shirt signed by football legend Pele is one of the prizes up for grabs at an online auction to raise money for East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH).
Organisers of the auction, which runs from Saturday until June 28, said they had 'pulled off a major coup' by getting the shirt alongside a range of prestigious prizes.
A tie signed and donated by celebrity and Norfolk resident Stephen Fry is also up for grabs, alongside signed artwork personally donated by the internationally-renowned artist Fabian Perez.
A Six Nations rugby short signed by all six country captains is also for sale, along with signed 2013/14 Norwich City shirts and a seven-day stay at a beach villa in Gambia.
The auction is the brainchild of charity supporter Russell Baker, Lord Baker of Little Moulton.
You may also want to watch:
'EACH relies upon voluntary donations for the majority of their income,' he said. 'They receive some government funding but the majority comes from the community. It is important for local communities and businesses to pull together to help ensure the valued support local charities provide are able to continue.'
Mr Perez added: 'I am very pleased to support EACH, who are providing amazing work in the UK supporting children with life-threatening conditions and their families.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 3 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 4 UEA expert: Covid isolation 'will still be needed in a year's time'
- 5 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 6 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 7 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 8 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 9 Villagers gather for unveiling of play area after £45k fundraiser
- 10 All you need to know ahead of the Old Buckenham Airshow 2021
'My donations should raise much needed funds to help the children of EACH.'
Visit the auction at http://galabid.com/auction/each
Are you doing something for charity? Contact the Mercury on 01379 651153 or email@example.com