New Parking restrictions proposed in Diss
- Credit: Archant
Residents and motorists in Diss may soon have to obey new parking rules in one of the town's busiest roads.
Norfolk County Council is proposing introducing new restrictions which would prohibit vehicles waiting for any amount of time along Skelton Road in Diss.
The restrictions would affect the road - which acts as a busy thoroughfare between Frenze Hall Road and Victoria Road - at its junction with Fitzwilliam Road.
No waiting would be allowed for 25 metres north-west or 69.5 metres south-east of the junction on either side of the road.
More than 17 metres of Fitzwilliam Road would also be affected by the new restrictions.
You may also want to watch:
A copy of the proposed regulations is available to view at Norfolk County Council's offices at Norwich or at South Norfolk Council's offices in Long Stratton.
Residents have until March 13, to voice any concerns about or objections to the proposed restrictions.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 3 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 4 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 5 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 6 Four weekends of road closures in Diss due to resurfacing work
- 7 Train troubles in Norfolk after lorry hits overhead cables
- 8 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 9 Contactless card payment limit increased to £100
- 10 Parish council chair says he'll stop development trucks