Slimmers go for national title
A couple of super slimmers from Wymondham will be competing against couples from the UK for a national title.Katie and Mark Fairhead have lost an impressive 19 stone 3lbs and celebrated their success on St Valentine's Day after being crowned Wymondham's Mr and Mrs Slimming World 2009.
A COUPLE of super slimmers from Wymondham will be competing for a national title.
Katie and Mark Fairhead have lost an impressive 19st 3lb and celebrated their success on St Valentine's Day after being crowned Wymondham's Mr and Mrs Slimming World 2009.
Mrs Smith started the ball rolling when she joined a local group, losing 9st 7lb and dropping eight dress sizes, while her husband has shed 9st 10lb and 10in from his waist.
She said: "It's definitely helped that we've been doing it together, because we've been able to encourage each other. I've also had lots of great support from the rest of the Slimming World group and our consultant Debbie. Every week I look forward to going to the group and sharing recipes and ideas. We have so much fun."
You may also want to watch:
Mr Smith said he decided to join his wife on the slimming plan to offer support. "I love curries and roast dinners and I can still enjoy them, which is brilliant," he said.
The national final will be held at Slimming World's head office on March 8. The top prize is a week's holiday at a luxury spa resort in Cyprus or �2,000 cash.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 4 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 5 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 6 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 7 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 8 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 9 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 10 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
For details of local groups telephone Debbie Smith on 01603 813316. Or visit the steps of the Forum in Norwich on Saturday at 11am, where consultants and members will be celebrating 40 years of Slimming World helping people live healthier lives.