Race track bicycle ride raises thousands for charity
- Credit: Archant
A bike ride at Snetterton Circuit has raised thousands for charity.
The ride, organised by TJ Motorsport, saw 370 cyclists take to the track which is more used to British Touring cars and motorbikes flying round it.
Riders paid a £10 entrance fee while also taking part in other fundraising events hosted in the grounds.
In total £3,955 was raised for Norfolk charities including East Anglia's Children's Hospice (EACH), Norfolk Accident Rescue Service and The Benjamin Foundation.
Riders of all abilities were invited to lap the three-mile circuit as many times as they could.
You may also want to watch:
Trevor Griffiths, from TJ Motorsport, said: 'Everyone at TJ Motorsport would like to thanks to all who took part and the good friends that helped on the evening. Also a big thanks to all at Snetterton Circuit for making it possible.'
Previous rides have raised more than £4,000.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Former children's shoe fitter feels 'very special' on turning 100
- 3 Charity worker stole £12k from man, 90, and bought a shed
- 4 80 foot 'golf ball' radar tower rejected for Norfolk village
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Election day guide
- 6 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 7 What a difference a year makes: Norfolk braced for yet more rainfall
- 8 'Don't suffer in silence' - Debt expert fears post-Covid crisis
- 9 50,000 more Covid jabs given out - but pace slows in region
- 10 Norfolk Covid cases slightly up but below national averages