Race track bicycle ride raises thousands for charity
- Credit: Archant
A bike ride at Snetterton Circuit has raised thousands for charity.
The ride, organised by TJ Motorsport, saw 370 cyclists take to the track which is more used to British Touring cars and motorbikes flying round it.
Riders paid a £10 entrance fee while also taking part in other fundraising events hosted in the grounds.
In total £3,955 was raised for Norfolk charities including East Anglia's Children's Hospice (EACH), Norfolk Accident Rescue Service and The Benjamin Foundation.
Riders of all abilities were invited to lap the three-mile circuit as many times as they could.
You may also want to watch:
Trevor Griffiths, from TJ Motorsport, said: 'Everyone at TJ Motorsport would like to thanks to all who took part and the good friends that helped on the evening. Also a big thanks to all at Snetterton Circuit for making it possible.'
Previous rides have raised more than £4,000.
- 1 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 2 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 3 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 4 Broadband firm pledges 'Herculean effort' in hyperfast roll-out
- 5 24/7 Covid vaccinations promised as 'soon as possible'
- 6 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 7 IN PICTURES: The businesses still going strong in lockdown
- 8 Shop facing £150k flood bill sets up mobile post office
- 9 Stunning images reveal 'tree roots' of Norfolk
- 10 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes