Race track bicycle ride raises thousands for charity
- Credit: Archant
A bike ride at Snetterton Circuit has raised thousands for charity.
The ride, organised by TJ Motorsport, saw 370 cyclists take to the track which is more used to British Touring cars and motorbikes flying round it.
Riders paid a £10 entrance fee while also taking part in other fundraising events hosted in the grounds.
In total £3,955 was raised for Norfolk charities including East Anglia's Children's Hospice (EACH), Norfolk Accident Rescue Service and The Benjamin Foundation.
Riders of all abilities were invited to lap the three-mile circuit as many times as they could.
You may also want to watch:
Trevor Griffiths, from TJ Motorsport, said: 'Everyone at TJ Motorsport would like to thanks to all who took part and the good friends that helped on the evening. Also a big thanks to all at Snetterton Circuit for making it possible.'
Previous rides have raised more than £4,000.
- 1 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 2 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 3 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 4 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 5 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 6 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 8 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021
- 9 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 10 Why I Love Norfolk: Ben and Matthew Conway