Race track bicycle ride raises thousands for charity
- Credit: Archant
A bike ride at Snetterton Circuit has raised thousands for charity.
The ride, organised by TJ Motorsport, saw 370 cyclists take to the track which is more used to British Touring cars and motorbikes flying round it.
Riders paid a £10 entrance fee while also taking part in other fundraising events hosted in the grounds.
In total £3,955 was raised for Norfolk charities including East Anglia's Children's Hospice (EACH), Norfolk Accident Rescue Service and The Benjamin Foundation.
Riders of all abilities were invited to lap the three-mile circuit as many times as they could.
You may also want to watch:
Trevor Griffiths, from TJ Motorsport, said: 'Everyone at TJ Motorsport would like to thanks to all who took part and the good friends that helped on the evening. Also a big thanks to all at Snetterton Circuit for making it possible.'
Previous rides have raised more than £4,000.
- 1 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 4 UEA expert: Covid isolation 'will still be needed in a year's time'
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 7 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 8 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'
- 9 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 10 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van