Snow creates picturesque scenes across the county
- Credit: Archant
Overnight snow showers led many to be greeted by snowy scenes this morning.
Freezing temperatures and a cold snap which could last until the end of the month has seen snow fall across Norfolk.
The Met Office issued a yellow weather warning for large parts of Eastern England overnight.
Motorists were warned to allow extra time for journeys on busy roads, and pedestrians to be careful on icy and slippery pavements.
Weather warnings are expected to stay in place until mid-morning and the cold temperatures to persist until at least the end of the week.
You may also want to watch:
But, despite causing delays on the roads the snow showers have created wintery scenes across the county, with many waking up to a beautiful dusting of snow.
Have you got any pictures of the snow? Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org for a chance to be featured in the paper and online.
- 1 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 4 UEA expert: Covid isolation 'will still be needed in a year's time'
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 7 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 8 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'
- 9 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 10 Norfolk conservation groups get £1.5m boost from Green Recovery Fund