Diversity of businesses celebrated in first annual awards evening
PUBLISHED: 12:00 16 February 2019 | UPDATED: 09:50 19 February 2019
An inaugural awards show has celebrated the variety and success of businesses in the south of Norfolk.
South Norfolk Council’s business awards saw more than 150 people don their smartest outfits at Dunston Hall Hotel where awards were presented to 10 winning businesses.
This is the first year the awards have been held, built on the council’s Independent Retailer Awards, widening the scope to focus on the diverse range of businesses that flourish in South Norfolk.
Businesses nominated themselves for an award in one or more categories and residents showed their support by nominating shops for South Norfolk Retailer of the Year.
Sponsored by Fosters Solicitors LLP, the award winners were:
• Excellence in Digital Creative and ICT – enLight
• Excellence in Life Sciences – Iceni Diagnostics
• Excellence in Advanced Manufacturing - Panel Graphic
• Innovation in Agriculture. Food and Drink – The Harleston Cider Co
• The Visitor Economy Experience – Waveney River Centre
• New Business Award – Centre Paws Norfolk
• Business Growth – Panel Graphic
• International Business Growth – Cobalt Aerospace
• Business in the Community – Clinks Care farm
• Retailer of the Year – Wymondham Garden Centre
Steve Oakley, office marketing manager of Wymondham Garden Centre, said: “We are all feeling great, it’s a great achievement. I think basically we listen to customers and give them the best service we can.”
South Norfolk Council’s deputy leader Michael Edney said: “What a fantastic night.
“There is a huge confidence in our local economy and although tonight was an opportunity to celebrate our winners, through their success in driving our economy we are all winners in the end.”
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Diss Mercury. Click the link in the orange box above for details.