South Norfolk Council housing advice team to be available over Christmas period
- Credit: Archant
A housing advice team is to be available over the Christmas period to help people who fall on hard times during one of the most financially pressured periods of the year.
While for most people the festive period is a time to relax and enjoy being with family, others can face pressures due to higher winter bills and the cost of Christmas.
South Norfolk Council's housing team will therefore operate a 24-hour phone service on key days such as Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day for those who may need help or are worried about homelessness.
Yvonne Bendle, the council's cabinet member for well-being and early intervention said. 'We're very proud of how we have supported the homeless and the work that we have done to prevent people from becoming homeless.
'We are now working with our partners, joining forces to tackle homelessness across the county.'
You may also want to watch:
During office hours, people can contact the housing options team by calling 01508 533751 or 0808 168 2222.
When the office is closed, call 01508 533633 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Why I Love Norfolk: Ben and Matthew Conway
- 3 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 4 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 5 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 6 Buildings available to rent in grounds of monastery in Norfolk
- 7 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 8 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
- 9 Four weekends of road closures in Diss due to resurfacing work
- 10 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021