South Norfolk Council housing advice team to be available over Christmas period
- Credit: Archant
A housing advice team is to be available over the Christmas period to help people who fall on hard times during one of the most financially pressured periods of the year.
While for most people the festive period is a time to relax and enjoy being with family, others can face pressures due to higher winter bills and the cost of Christmas.
South Norfolk Council's housing team will therefore operate a 24-hour phone service on key days such as Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day for those who may need help or are worried about homelessness.
Yvonne Bendle, the council's cabinet member for well-being and early intervention said. 'We're very proud of how we have supported the homeless and the work that we have done to prevent people from becoming homeless.
'We are now working with our partners, joining forces to tackle homelessness across the county.'
You may also want to watch:
During office hours, people can contact the housing options team by calling 01508 533751 or 0808 168 2222.
When the office is closed, call 01508 533633 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 2 'It seems to be a new normal' - 'Pingdemic' forces barbers to close
- 3 Ron and Norma share their secret to 60 years of marriage
- 4 Record numbers in Norfolk ‘pinged’ to isolate by NHS Covid app
- 5 Midwich sees profits leap 29pc in first half of 2021
- 6 Tributes paid to farmer and WW2 museum curator
- 7 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 8 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 9 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
- 10 Villagers gather for unveiling of play area after £45k fundraiser