South Norfolk Council housing advice team to be available over Christmas period
- Credit: Archant
A housing advice team is to be available over the Christmas period to help people who fall on hard times during one of the most financially pressured periods of the year.
While for most people the festive period is a time to relax and enjoy being with family, others can face pressures due to higher winter bills and the cost of Christmas.
South Norfolk Council's housing team will therefore operate a 24-hour phone service on key days such as Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day for those who may need help or are worried about homelessness.
Yvonne Bendle, the council's cabinet member for well-being and early intervention said. 'We're very proud of how we have supported the homeless and the work that we have done to prevent people from becoming homeless.
'We are now working with our partners, joining forces to tackle homelessness across the county.'
You may also want to watch:
During office hours, people can contact the housing options team by calling 01508 533751 or 0808 168 2222.
When the office is closed, call 01508 533633 or email email@example.com
- 1 New PCC - I will lobby home secretary to crackdown on police abusers
- 2 Buses converted into Covid testing units ahead of expected third wave
- 3 Bomber squadron museum release unseen war era photos
- 4 Lockdown to be eased: what else can I do from May 17?
- 5 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 6 'Your efforts have paid off' - Further lockdown lifting confirmed for May 17
- 7 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 8 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 9 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 10 Charity worker stole £12k from man, 90, and bought a shed