South Norfolk Pub of the Year launch date announced
- Credit: Archant
Punters will be able to put their favourite south Norfolk forward for the South Norfolk Council Pub of the Year Awards.
Launching on Monday, July 1 the competition is entering its eleventh year.
Deputy council leader Kay Mason Billig said: "When we launched our Pub of the Year competition, pubs across the country were closing at an alarming rate.
"Something had to be done to help our local businesses, so we teamed up with Pub is the Hub to celebrate those that were bucking the trend.
"They bring people together, hosting events and clubs, raising money for charity and so much more and we don't want to lose that."
You may also want to watch:
Residents can vote in four categories; outstanding community focus, best customer service, most family friendly and tastiest food and drink
An overall winner will be decided following a visit to each pub by a group of judges.
- 1 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 2 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 3 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 4 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 5 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 6 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 8 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 9 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 10 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk