South Norfolk Pub of the Year launch date announced
- Credit: Archant
Punters will be able to put their favourite south Norfolk forward for the South Norfolk Council Pub of the Year Awards.
Launching on Monday, July 1 the competition is entering its eleventh year.
Deputy council leader Kay Mason Billig said: "When we launched our Pub of the Year competition, pubs across the country were closing at an alarming rate.
"Something had to be done to help our local businesses, so we teamed up with Pub is the Hub to celebrate those that were bucking the trend.
"They bring people together, hosting events and clubs, raising money for charity and so much more and we don't want to lose that."
You may also want to watch:
Residents can vote in four categories; outstanding community focus, best customer service, most family friendly and tastiest food and drink
An overall winner will be decided following a visit to each pub by a group of judges.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 3 Charity worker stole £12k from man, 90, and bought a shed
- 4 Former children's shoe fitter feels 'very special' on turning 100
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Election day guide
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 7 Huge fire in scrapyard sees 11 fire engines descend on village
- 8 All shops to charge 10p for plastic bags from May 21
- 9 50,000 more Covid jabs given out - but pace slows in region
- 10 80 foot 'golf ball' radar tower rejected for Norfolk village