South Norfolk Pub of the Year launch date announced
- Credit: Archant
Punters will be able to put their favourite south Norfolk forward for the South Norfolk Council Pub of the Year Awards.
Launching on Monday, July 1 the competition is entering its eleventh year.
Deputy council leader Kay Mason Billig said: "When we launched our Pub of the Year competition, pubs across the country were closing at an alarming rate.
"Something had to be done to help our local businesses, so we teamed up with Pub is the Hub to celebrate those that were bucking the trend.
"They bring people together, hosting events and clubs, raising money for charity and so much more and we don't want to lose that."
You may also want to watch:
Residents can vote in four categories; outstanding community focus, best customer service, most family friendly and tastiest food and drink
An overall winner will be decided following a visit to each pub by a group of judges.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 3 UEA expert: Covid isolation 'will still be needed in a year's time'
- 4 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 7 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 8 All you need to know ahead of the Old Buckenham Airshow 2021
- 9 Villagers gather for unveiling of play area after £45k fundraiser
- 10 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'