Councillor donates member’s grant to primary school
- Credit: Archant
Pulham Market Primary School are celebrating the arrival of an all-weather outdoor table tennis table thanks to the help district councillor Clayton Hudson.
The school had been trying to raise £1,400 to buy the table by holding a series of events including a Christmas fayre, quiz, raffle and cake sales all co-ordinated by the Friends of Pulham Primary School (FOPPS).
Mr Hudson decided to help them achieve their goal with the aid of his local member's grant and donated £700.
'I decided to combine the money for each village as Pulham Primary School has children attending from both Pulham Market and Pulham St Mary,' he said.
'I like encouraging children to play outside and be more active and I was impressed that the school had support from parents who had been raising funds to benefit the children.'
You may also want to watch:
A FOPPS spokesman said: 'Clayton's generous help has meant that the children are able to have the table tennis table and we now have money left over to spend on items for every class.'
- 1 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote
- 2 Dozens of new Covid marshals to become 'the eyes and ears of the districts'
- 3 Person freed from vehicle after crash on A140
- 4 16th century village house with potential to develop is for sale for £575,000
- 5 'Raring to go' - Businesses ready to reopen in time for Christmas rush
- 6 Care home's visitor pod helps residents stay connected with loved ones
- 7 Care provider to appeal decision which saw plans to extend care home rejected
- 8 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 9 How will Christmas grottos, nativities and carol singing go ahead?
- 10 Car carrying five people crashes into ditch