Police warn of icy conditions on roads
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press ©2004
South Norfolk Police have warned drivers to be careful in the icy conditions.
A tweet last night said road surfaces will be 'extremely icy' this morning with a chance of sleet.
Commuters were advised to slow down and take care while driving to work.
According to the Met Office, temperatures mid-morning in the area have been at around 2C, feeling like -5C in Diss and -1C in Wymondham.
Norwich-based Weatherquest said temperatures dropped as low as -6C in rural areas of Norfolk on Wednesday night.
You may also want to watch:
The first weather warning from the Met Office of this latest freeze came on Monday, when people were warned of icy patches forming overnight across the East of England.
A weather warning issued on Wednesday, said another cold night would bring a risk of ice, either where surfaces remain wet from daytime showers, or where further wintry showers fall onto frozen surfaces during the night and on Thursday morning'.
- 1 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 2 Tree falls on rail line as winds up to 69mph hit Norfolk
- 3 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 4 Harleston funeral service celebrates 10th anniversary
- 5 Revenue tops £710m at specialist tech company
- 6 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 7 Report into Norfolk Christmas floods could take six months
- 8 Specialist exercises for 'less mobile' during lockdown
- 9 Flooding fears recede in Norfolk but wind warning issued
- 10 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June