Police warn of icy conditions on roads
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press ©2004
South Norfolk Police have warned drivers to be careful in the icy conditions.
A tweet last night said road surfaces will be 'extremely icy' this morning with a chance of sleet.
Commuters were advised to slow down and take care while driving to work.
According to the Met Office, temperatures mid-morning in the area have been at around 2C, feeling like -5C in Diss and -1C in Wymondham.
Norwich-based Weatherquest said temperatures dropped as low as -6C in rural areas of Norfolk on Wednesday night.
You may also want to watch:
The first weather warning from the Met Office of this latest freeze came on Monday, when people were warned of icy patches forming overnight across the East of England.
A weather warning issued on Wednesday, said another cold night would bring a risk of ice, either where surfaces remain wet from daytime showers, or where further wintry showers fall onto frozen surfaces during the night and on Thursday morning'.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 4 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 5 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 6 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 8 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 9 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 10 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000