Officer catches anti-social driver while seizing uninsured car
- Credit: Archant
A motorist was stopped for anti-social driving after police spotted them whilst seizing another vehicle.
South Norfolk Police had pulled-over the driver of a BMW with no insurance in Roydon Road, Diss, at about 11pm on Sunday, November 3, when officers spotted another car being driven anti-socially.
Whilst removing the BMW a Section 59 was issued to the driver who alerted police with their driving which means if the motorist is caught driving anti-socially again then their vehicle could be seized.
South Norfolk Police said on Twitter: "Vehicle seized for driving with no insurance on Roydon Road in Diss. Driver reported for the offence.
"Section 59 also issued to another driver who drove past in an ASB manner whilst I [the officer] was dealing with the vehicle seizure."
You may also want to watch:
The stoppage comes after a crackdown on anti-social driving in the town with scooters and cars being seized.
- 1 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 2 Lorry driver, 75, denies causing A140 motorist's death by careless driving
- 3 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published
- 4 Funeral arrangements for Prince Philip confirmed
- 5 Pubs and shops to open on Monday: what else can I do when restrictions are eased?
- 6 Man denies arsons which caused £680k damage and killed 50 pigs
- 7 Prince Charles says royal family are 'deeply grateful' for public support following Prince Philip death
- 8 Why will secondary pupils still have to wear face masks after Easter?
- 9 Still time to have your say on town's future as bypass plans go in
- 10 Village post office set to reopen after flooding damage