Officer catches anti-social driver while seizing uninsured car
- Credit: Archant
A motorist was stopped for anti-social driving after police spotted them whilst seizing another vehicle.
South Norfolk Police had pulled-over the driver of a BMW with no insurance in Roydon Road, Diss, at about 11pm on Sunday, November 3, when officers spotted another car being driven anti-socially.
Whilst removing the BMW a Section 59 was issued to the driver who alerted police with their driving which means if the motorist is caught driving anti-socially again then their vehicle could be seized.
South Norfolk Police said on Twitter: "Vehicle seized for driving with no insurance on Roydon Road in Diss. Driver reported for the offence.
"Section 59 also issued to another driver who drove past in an ASB manner whilst I [the officer] was dealing with the vehicle seizure."
You may also want to watch:
The stoppage comes after a crackdown on anti-social driving in the town with scooters and cars being seized.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 4 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 5 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 6 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 8 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 9 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 10 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"