South Norfolk school celebrates nature day with family fun
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
The Waveney Valley is known for its amazing natural beauty and scenery.
Now, a South Norfolk school is helping to celebrate this and nature day with a host of family activities and fun.
On Saturday, July 7, Pulham Primary School will be hosting a nature themed day.
Running from 10am till 2pm, the event is packed with lots of fun activities including a nature trail - with a medal once completed, the chance to meet sheep, owls, hedgehogs, rescue dogs and giant snails.
There is a chance to choose a sheep's name with the 'name-a-sheep' competition, pond-dipping, football game, coconut shy, lucky dip and raffle.
You may also want to watch:
As well as the activities there will be many stalls selling cakes, plants and herbs and crafts. Youngsters can also get stuck into sand art, colouring and face-painting.
Family friendly races will take place, opened by district councillor Clayton Hudson, who will also be drawing the raffle.
- 1 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 2 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 3 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 4 Truck stopped for 'unsecure load' during road check
- 5 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 6 Appeal to find 27-year-old wanted on recall to prison
- 7 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 8 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 9 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 10 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk