South Norfolk school celebrates nature day with family fun
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
The Waveney Valley is known for its amazing natural beauty and scenery.
Now, a South Norfolk school is helping to celebrate this and nature day with a host of family activities and fun.
On Saturday, July 7, Pulham Primary School will be hosting a nature themed day.
Running from 10am till 2pm, the event is packed with lots of fun activities including a nature trail - with a medal once completed, the chance to meet sheep, owls, hedgehogs, rescue dogs and giant snails.
There is a chance to choose a sheep's name with the 'name-a-sheep' competition, pond-dipping, football game, coconut shy, lucky dip and raffle.
You may also want to watch:
As well as the activities there will be many stalls selling cakes, plants and herbs and crafts. Youngsters can also get stuck into sand art, colouring and face-painting.
Family friendly races will take place, opened by district councillor Clayton Hudson, who will also be drawing the raffle.
- 1 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 2 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 3 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 4 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 5 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 6 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 8 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 9 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 10 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed