Fitness team overcome injury, accident and navigation hiccups to scale three peaks
- Credit: Jamie-lee Weller
A South Norfolk fitness trainer and three of his clients overcame mishaps and obstacles to complete the Three Peaks challenge.
Banham-based personal trainer, Jamie-lee Weller, 34, from New Buckenham, led the JW Core Nutrifit team challenge to climb Scotland's Ben Nevis, England's Scafell Pike and Wales' Mount Snowdon, raising money for wildlife charity, The Marine Conservation Society.
Preparations were not smooth sailing, member Emma Aldous, 23, from Diss, severely sprained her ankle six weeks before the event and together with Jamie-lee, worked carefully to rehabilitate.
But despite also having their rental car driven into just outside Glen Co and a navigational hiccup on Ben Nevis, the team, also consisting of Raimo Ala-Korpi, 49, of Redgrave, and William Anderson, 49, from Scole, completed the adventure.
Mr Weller said: "It's been a personal ambition for many years to do the Three Peak Challenge. Combining this dream with my interest in marine conservation is an amazing feeling."
You may also want to watch:
The team just missed out on the 24 hour goal, but are already planning their next potential adventure, The Yorkshire Three Peaks.
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 Want to work on a supercar? Lotus is hiring 200 staff
- 3 Investigation as farm video claims to show chickens 'deformed and dying'
- 4 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 5 Mental health boss cleared of lying during inquest
- 6 Zoo gets £100k to help crayfish
- 7 The 5 most viewed homes on the market in Norfolk last month
- 8 Your nominations needed for People's Choice at Norfolk Arts Awards 2021
- 9 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 10 Teens aged 16-17 years old will be allowed vaccine before new school term