Fitness team overcome injury, accident and navigation hiccups to scale three peaks
- Credit: Jamie-lee Weller
A South Norfolk fitness trainer and three of his clients overcame mishaps and obstacles to complete the Three Peaks challenge.
Banham-based personal trainer, Jamie-lee Weller, 34, from New Buckenham, led the JW Core Nutrifit team challenge to climb Scotland's Ben Nevis, England's Scafell Pike and Wales' Mount Snowdon, raising money for wildlife charity, The Marine Conservation Society.
Preparations were not smooth sailing, member Emma Aldous, 23, from Diss, severely sprained her ankle six weeks before the event and together with Jamie-lee, worked carefully to rehabilitate.
But despite also having their rental car driven into just outside Glen Co and a navigational hiccup on Ben Nevis, the team, also consisting of Raimo Ala-Korpi, 49, of Redgrave, and William Anderson, 49, from Scole, completed the adventure.
Mr Weller said: "It's been a personal ambition for many years to do the Three Peak Challenge. Combining this dream with my interest in marine conservation is an amazing feeling."
The team just missed out on the 24 hour goal, but are already planning their next potential adventure, The Yorkshire Three Peaks.
- 1 Car flips over in crash near south Norfolk village
- 2 Norfolk hair salon named best in region at national awards
- 3 Frustration as vulnerable people in Norfolk left waiting for Covid boosters
- 4 Uproar as plans put in to turn Suffolk pub into vets
- 5 What to see in the sky in December: The 'Cold Moon' and meteor showers
- 6 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 7 Norfolk hot honey sauce 'going out in pallet fulls' across the UK
- 8 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 9 Approval granted for 69 new homes in Suffolk village
- 10 Heavy rain forecast for the rest of the week in Norfolk but snow unlikely