Fitness team overcome injury, accident and navigation hiccups to scale three peaks
- Credit: Jamie-lee Weller
A South Norfolk fitness trainer and three of his clients overcame mishaps and obstacles to complete the Three Peaks challenge.
Banham-based personal trainer, Jamie-lee Weller, 34, from New Buckenham, led the JW Core Nutrifit team challenge to climb Scotland's Ben Nevis, England's Scafell Pike and Wales' Mount Snowdon, raising money for wildlife charity, The Marine Conservation Society.
Preparations were not smooth sailing, member Emma Aldous, 23, from Diss, severely sprained her ankle six weeks before the event and together with Jamie-lee, worked carefully to rehabilitate.
But despite also having their rental car driven into just outside Glen Co and a navigational hiccup on Ben Nevis, the team, also consisting of Raimo Ala-Korpi, 49, of Redgrave, and William Anderson, 49, from Scole, completed the adventure.
Mr Weller said: "It's been a personal ambition for many years to do the Three Peak Challenge. Combining this dream with my interest in marine conservation is an amazing feeling."
You may also want to watch:
The team just missed out on the 24 hour goal, but are already planning their next potential adventure, The Yorkshire Three Peaks.
- 1 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 2 Tree falls on rail line as winds up to 69mph hit Norfolk
- 3 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 4 Harleston funeral service celebrates 10th anniversary
- 5 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 6 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 7 Specialist exercises for 'less mobile' during lockdown
- 8 Revenue tops £710m at specialist tech company
- 9 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 10 'Stay indoors' warning amid flooding fears for Norfolk roads