Spitfire will wow crowds at Heritage Wings and Wheels Show in Tibenham
- Credit: copyright: Archant 2014
A Mustang P51, Spitfire and Edge 360 will be among the aircraft taking to the skies at the Heritage Wings and Wheels airshow at Tibenham airfield this weekend.
The show will feature displays by the Pitts Wildcats team and the Aerostars with their Yak 50s, who will perform formation aerobatics along with the Red Sparrows Chipmunk display team.
Other interesting aircraft include a Jungmann, Wattisham air sea rescue Sea King helicopter and aerobatics from the Jantar Glider.
There will be a demonstration of the futuristic e-Go, the historic Jungmeister, and a display of gliders from the Norfolk Gliding Club.
A gaggle of historic aircraft including Harvard, Pitts, Steermans, Piper cubs, Austers and Tigers Moths will also be aiming to thrill the crowds.
The new 'e-Go' prototype aeroplane will be displayed by chief test pilot Keith Dennison, who will be aiming to show what can be achieved by a single seat de-regulated aircraft.
The Wildcat Aerobatics team was formed in 2011 when a group of like-minded pilots got together to form Norfolk's premier formation aerobatic display team with a novel line-up of two Pitts biplanes and the Edge.
- 1 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 2 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 3 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 4 Campaigners write to government over pylons plan
- 5 As seen on TV: The Norfolk guest house with a spa...in a bank vault!
- 6 Norfolk MP's concern over new line of pylons
- 7 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 8 Electric aircraft to take to the skies over Norfolk
- 9 Recipe: Make our Cherries Jubilee cake
- 10 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
However, the show will not just feature classic aircraft, but also classic F1 cars from Classic Team Lotus and a tractor contest.
The show starts at 10am on Sunday, August 3 and closes at 6pm.
For more information, phone 01379 677207 or visit www.norfolkglidingclub.com