Spitfire will wow crowds at Heritage Wings and Wheels Show in Tibenham
- Credit: copyright: Archant 2014
A Mustang P51, Spitfire and Edge 360 will be among the aircraft taking to the skies at the Heritage Wings and Wheels airshow at Tibenham airfield this weekend.
The show will feature displays by the Pitts Wildcats team and the Aerostars with their Yak 50s, who will perform formation aerobatics along with the Red Sparrows Chipmunk display team.
Other interesting aircraft include a Jungmann, Wattisham air sea rescue Sea King helicopter and aerobatics from the Jantar Glider.
There will be a demonstration of the futuristic e-Go, the historic Jungmeister, and a display of gliders from the Norfolk Gliding Club.
A gaggle of historic aircraft including Harvard, Pitts, Steermans, Piper cubs, Austers and Tigers Moths will also be aiming to thrill the crowds.
You may also want to watch:
The new 'e-Go' prototype aeroplane will be displayed by chief test pilot Keith Dennison, who will be aiming to show what can be achieved by a single seat de-regulated aircraft.
The Wildcat Aerobatics team was formed in 2011 when a group of like-minded pilots got together to form Norfolk's premier formation aerobatic display team with a novel line-up of two Pitts biplanes and the Edge.
- 1 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 UEA expert: Covid isolation 'will still be needed in a year's time'
- 4 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 7 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 8 Norfolk conservation groups get £1.5m boost from Green Recovery Fund
- 9 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 10 Opinion: Simple planning could help save money on Inheritance Tax
However, the show will not just feature classic aircraft, but also classic F1 cars from Classic Team Lotus and a tractor contest.
The show starts at 10am on Sunday, August 3 and closes at 6pm.
For more information, phone 01379 677207 or visit www.norfolkglidingclub.com