Sports stars at Diss fun day
Adam Gretton Local sports stars from football, tennis, squash, running, and boxing were out in force yesterday for a fun day at a south Norfolk town.
Local sports stars from football, tennis, squash, running, and boxing were out in force yesterday for a fun day at a south Norfolk town.
Hundreds of people descended on the Heywood Sports and Racquet Club at Diss for the event, which was attended by ultra marathon runner Jackson Williams.
Around 300 sports fans paid a visit to the former Diss Squash Club, in Walcot Road, which changed ownership and its name four months ago.
You may also want to watch:
Top county tennis and squash players were on hand to demonstrate their sport and members of Diss Town Football Club also attended for a training session and five-a-side match.
Ultra marathon runner Jackson Williams, who ran more than 3,000 miles across America last year, took part in a three hour treadmill challenge for the charity MEND. There were also other family attractions, including a bucking bronco, giant inflatable slide, bungee trampoline, rock climbing, children's roundabout, hog roast, and beer tent.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 3 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 4 Stunning double rainbows follow thunderstorms
- 5 Primary and secondary schools join forces under new leadership
- 6 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 7 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 8 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 9 More than 100,000 young people have received Covid jab in Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
Fitness instructor Coco de la Terre said the weather had put a few people off, but the sports fun day was helping to promote the new opening.