Sports stars at Diss fun day
Adam Gretton Local sports stars from football, tennis, squash, running, and boxing were out in force yesterday for a fun day at a south Norfolk town.
Local sports stars from football, tennis, squash, running, and boxing were out in force yesterday for a fun day at a south Norfolk town.
Hundreds of people descended on the Heywood Sports and Racquet Club at Diss for the event, which was attended by ultra marathon runner Jackson Williams.
Around 300 sports fans paid a visit to the former Diss Squash Club, in Walcot Road, which changed ownership and its name four months ago.
You may also want to watch:
Top county tennis and squash players were on hand to demonstrate their sport and members of Diss Town Football Club also attended for a training session and five-a-side match.
Ultra marathon runner Jackson Williams, who ran more than 3,000 miles across America last year, took part in a three hour treadmill challenge for the charity MEND. There were also other family attractions, including a bucking bronco, giant inflatable slide, bungee trampoline, rock climbing, children's roundabout, hog roast, and beer tent.
- 1 Village road to shut all day for essential work
- 2 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 3 Town reveals plans for post-lockdown celebration
- 4 Radio station reveals plans to open 'game changing' second studio
- 5 Calls for ban on development around town's beauty spot
- 6 Locusts, vinegar cake and crocodile: 6 weird dishes served in Norfolk
- 7 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 8 Bomber squadron museum release unseen war era photos
- 9 American serviceman's legacy remembered through new war-inspired nose art
- 10 Norfolk patients’ group welcomes choice of face-to-face GP consultations
Fitness instructor Coco de la Terre said the weather had put a few people off, but the sports fun day was helping to promote the new opening.