Sports stars at Diss fun day
Adam Gretton Local sports stars from football, tennis, squash, running, and boxing were out in force yesterday for a fun day at a south Norfolk town.
Local sports stars from football, tennis, squash, running, and boxing were out in force yesterday for a fun day at a south Norfolk town.
Hundreds of people descended on the Heywood Sports and Racquet Club at Diss for the event, which was attended by ultra marathon runner Jackson Williams.
Around 300 sports fans paid a visit to the former Diss Squash Club, in Walcot Road, which changed ownership and its name four months ago.
You may also want to watch:
Top county tennis and squash players were on hand to demonstrate their sport and members of Diss Town Football Club also attended for a training session and five-a-side match.
Ultra marathon runner Jackson Williams, who ran more than 3,000 miles across America last year, took part in a three hour treadmill challenge for the charity MEND. There were also other family attractions, including a bucking bronco, giant inflatable slide, bungee trampoline, rock climbing, children's roundabout, hog roast, and beer tent.
- 1 Steam trains to run at night with illuminations this Christmas
- 2 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 3 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 4 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 5 Police chief urges people to be sensible this Halloween
- 6 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 7 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 8 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 9 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 10 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
Fitness instructor Coco de la Terre said the weather had put a few people off, but the sports fun day was helping to promote the new opening.