Super slimmer drops seven dress sizes
A HOUSEWIFE has become the toast of her slimming club after losing more than eight stone and dropping seven dress sizes. Over the past three years, Tracey Rush from Wortham has shed an incredible 119 lb (8st 7lb) - the exact weight of her WeightWatchers' class leader Angela Baldwin.
A HOUSEWIFE has become the toast of her slimming club after losing more than eight stone and dropping seven dress sizes.
Over the past three years, Tracey Rush from Wortham has shed an incredible 119 lb (8st 7lb) - the exact weight of her WeightWatchers' class leader Angela Baldwin.
It is the biggest weight loss recorded at the Diss class in the past seven years, and she is now a svelte size 10 - having decided to take action after seeing pictures taken on her 40th birthday when her dress size was 24.
The latest photos show the dramatic change that has taken place, and her new look has brought added health benefits too.
'I can honestly say that I can't remember feeling as good as I do now. I'm now very confident and happy to join in at the local gym or swimming club, and I don't get out of breath anymore,' said the 43-year-old, who has two grown up children, and is now a trim 10st 8lb, perfect for her height.
'I always thought about joining a slimming club but wasn't confident enough to walk in on my own. So when my mum said she was going to join and would I like to go I jumped at it. I looked at the photos of my 40th birthday and thought this isn't good, I want to change.
- 1 Café completely sells out on first week of launching Sunday roasts
- 2 Three Suffolk pubs join forces for Jubilee weekend beer festival
- 3 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
- 4 100 East Anglian events you cannot miss this summer
- 5 Country park to host jubilee picnic with street food, Pimm's and cream teas
- 6 WATCH: Inside ex-Aviva office being bought for millions by councils
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 As seen on TV: The Norfolk guest house with a spa...in a bank vault!
- 9 Street food, live music and fireworks planned for Diss Jubilee celebrations
- 10 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
'Three years later and I am at my goal weight. I managed this with the fantastic support from our group leader Angela and the rest of the group, plus of course my family and friends. My son is really sporty, so he helped me with my exercise. The more weight I lost the healthier I felt, and my family are really proud of me.'
She added: 'My tip for how I lost all my weight is 'Don't give up. Remember what you have lost so far, not just that week, then you'll feel fantastic just like I do now!''
Mrs Rush enjoyed the weekly slimming class so much she plans to continue.
Mrs Baldwin said people often think of weight loss in terms of bags of sugar or tubs of lard, but her class relates it to sausages. With an average of eight per pound, 8st 7lb is the equivalent of a mega 952 sausages.
'Tracey is a real inspiration to others. She has worked so hard to lose all her weight. To think that she has lost the equivalent of me is just staggering,' she said.
'She now looks fantastic, she should be really proud of herself.'
For information about the Weight
Watchers discover plan, and details of classes, call 08457 123000, or log on to www.weightwatchers.co.uk