Teen arrested for cannabis stash worth around £100
- Credit: Archant
A teenager has been arrested for possessing drugs with a street value of around £100.
Police followed a car after it was seen on Sawmills Road in Diss at 10pm on Monday night with the occupants appeared to be trying to hide their faces.
The car drove off towards Scole where officers caught up with them and pulled them over on Norwich Road.
Two men were searched under section 23 of the Misuse of Drugs Act due to their initial behaviour and their demeanour when the car was eventually stopped.
PC Steve Phillips of South Norfolk Police said: 'There was a strong smell of cannabis coming from the car.
You may also want to watch:
'The passenger who was 19 years old was found to be in possession of 13 grams of cannabis Skunk with a street value of around £100.
'The drugs were seized and the male was issued with a cannabis street caution.'
- 1 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 2 Town reveals plans for post-lockdown celebration
- 3 Radio station reveals plans to open 'game changing' second studio
- 4 Calls for ban on development around town's beauty spot
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 7 Norfolk patients’ group welcomes choice of face-to-face GP consultations
- 8 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 9 American serviceman's legacy remembered through new war-inspired nose art
- 10 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days