Teenager opens new Diss hair salon
A Thrandeston teenager has become one of the youngest entrepreneurs in Diss by opening her own hairdressing salon at the tender age of 19.
Alice Cotter, of Mellis Road, opened Lily's hairdressing salon in Victoria Road on Monday and said her business had a modern edge without trying to be too 'young and trendy' which should enable it to appeal to all age groups.
She added: 'As far as I am aware I am the youngest. I know the lady who started Crackers and Chaps hair salon in Diss, also started quite young, but it is a dream come true to be able to open my first salon. I feel as though all the hard work has paid off.'
The former Hartismere High School pupil started working Saturdays at Formula hairdressers in Diss on an apprenticeship while completing her NVQ Level 2 hairdressing training at Bury College.
After qualifying, she bought the former Texture Cutting Rooms premises with financial help from her family and has decorated the salon in vibrant yellow colours and vintage style antique mirrors to give it an ultra-modern feel.
You may also want to watch:
Miss Cotter, who lives with her parents Jerry and Vicky, said unlike other salons she used a set price list so her prices stayed the same.
She said: 'You get a brilliant service for a good price. I am trying to ensure customers get an excellent service for the price they pay.'
- 1 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 2 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 3 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 4 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 5 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 6 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 7 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 8 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 9 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 10 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
Currently, she is running the business on her own, though she is looking to recruit and she added she was looking to use the best product range, including KMS and Goldwell colours.
To book an appointment, phone the salon on 01379 642265.