Teenager opens new Diss hair salon
A Thrandeston teenager has become one of the youngest entrepreneurs in Diss by opening her own hairdressing salon at the tender age of 19.
Alice Cotter, of Mellis Road, opened Lily's hairdressing salon in Victoria Road on Monday and said her business had a modern edge without trying to be too 'young and trendy' which should enable it to appeal to all age groups.
She added: 'As far as I am aware I am the youngest. I know the lady who started Crackers and Chaps hair salon in Diss, also started quite young, but it is a dream come true to be able to open my first salon. I feel as though all the hard work has paid off.'
The former Hartismere High School pupil started working Saturdays at Formula hairdressers in Diss on an apprenticeship while completing her NVQ Level 2 hairdressing training at Bury College.
After qualifying, she bought the former Texture Cutting Rooms premises with financial help from her family and has decorated the salon in vibrant yellow colours and vintage style antique mirrors to give it an ultra-modern feel.
You may also want to watch:
Miss Cotter, who lives with her parents Jerry and Vicky, said unlike other salons she used a set price list so her prices stayed the same.
She said: 'You get a brilliant service for a good price. I am trying to ensure customers get an excellent service for the price they pay.'
- 1 IN PICTURES: The businesses still going strong in lockdown
- 2 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 3 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 4 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 6 24/7 Covid vaccinations promised as 'soon as possible'
- 7 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 Shop facing £150k flood bill sets up mobile post office
- 9 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 10 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
Currently, she is running the business on her own, though she is looking to recruit and she added she was looking to use the best product range, including KMS and Goldwell colours.
To book an appointment, phone the salon on 01379 642265.