Teenager opens new Diss hair salon
A Thrandeston teenager has become one of the youngest entrepreneurs in Diss by opening her own hairdressing salon at the tender age of 19.
Alice Cotter, of Mellis Road, opened Lily's hairdressing salon in Victoria Road on Monday and said her business had a modern edge without trying to be too 'young and trendy' which should enable it to appeal to all age groups.
She added: 'As far as I am aware I am the youngest. I know the lady who started Crackers and Chaps hair salon in Diss, also started quite young, but it is a dream come true to be able to open my first salon. I feel as though all the hard work has paid off.'
The former Hartismere High School pupil started working Saturdays at Formula hairdressers in Diss on an apprenticeship while completing her NVQ Level 2 hairdressing training at Bury College.
After qualifying, she bought the former Texture Cutting Rooms premises with financial help from her family and has decorated the salon in vibrant yellow colours and vintage style antique mirrors to give it an ultra-modern feel.
You may also want to watch:
Miss Cotter, who lives with her parents Jerry and Vicky, said unlike other salons she used a set price list so her prices stayed the same.
She said: 'You get a brilliant service for a good price. I am trying to ensure customers get an excellent service for the price they pay.'
- 1 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 2 Town reveals plans for post-lockdown celebration
- 3 Calls for ban on development around town's beauty spot
- 4 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 5 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 6 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 7 Norfolk patients’ group welcomes choice of face-to-face GP consultations
- 8 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 9 Norfolk Indian Society's Covid crisis appeal
- 10 New EAAA contract covers 24/7 flying and advanced helicopters
Currently, she is running the business on her own, though she is looking to recruit and she added she was looking to use the best product range, including KMS and Goldwell colours.
To book an appointment, phone the salon on 01379 642265.