Thatched roof fire at Garboldisham
Sixty firefighters were this evening tackling a roof blaze at a thatched cottage on the Norfolk-Suffolk border.Nine appliances are currently at the scene of the fire at The Ling, in Garboldisham, near Diss.
Sixty firefighters were this evening tackling a roof blaze at a thatched cottage on the Norfolk-Suffolk border.
Nine appliances are currently at the scene of the fire at The Ling, in Garboldisham, near Diss.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service was called just after 2pm today after a neighbour reported smoke coming from the roof of the 17th century cottage.
The occupants evacuated the building and no one was injured.
You may also want to watch:
Crews from East Harling, Diss, Thetford, Attleborough, Wymondham, and two from Suffolk attended the blaze, which has destroyed the majority of the thatched roof.
Firefighters salvaged much of the furniture and possessions from the large detached house.
- 1 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 2 Town reveals plans for post-lockdown celebration
- 3 Calls for ban on development around town's beauty spot
- 4 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 5 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 6 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 7 Norfolk patients’ group welcomes choice of face-to-face GP consultations
- 8 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 9 Norfolk Indian Society's Covid crisis appeal
- 10 New EAAA contract covers 24/7 flying and advanced helicopters
An investigation into the cause of the blaze has been launched, which is believed to have been caused by a wood burner.
See tomorrow's EDP for more.