Thatched roof fire at Garboldisham
Sixty firefighters were this evening tackling a roof blaze at a thatched cottage on the Norfolk-Suffolk border.Nine appliances are currently at the scene of the fire at The Ling, in Garboldisham, near Diss.
Sixty firefighters were this evening tackling a roof blaze at a thatched cottage on the Norfolk-Suffolk border.
Nine appliances are currently at the scene of the fire at The Ling, in Garboldisham, near Diss.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service was called just after 2pm today after a neighbour reported smoke coming from the roof of the 17th century cottage.
The occupants evacuated the building and no one was injured.
You may also want to watch:
Crews from East Harling, Diss, Thetford, Attleborough, Wymondham, and two from Suffolk attended the blaze, which has destroyed the majority of the thatched roof.
Firefighters salvaged much of the furniture and possessions from the large detached house.
- 1 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 2 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 3 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 4 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 5 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 6 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 7 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 8 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 9 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 10 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
An investigation into the cause of the blaze has been launched, which is believed to have been caused by a wood burner.
See tomorrow's EDP for more.