Thatched roof fire at Garboldisham
Sixty firefighters were this evening tackling a roof blaze at a thatched cottage on the Norfolk-Suffolk border.Nine appliances are currently at the scene of the fire at The Ling, in Garboldisham, near Diss.
Sixty firefighters were this evening tackling a roof blaze at a thatched cottage on the Norfolk-Suffolk border.
Nine appliances are currently at the scene of the fire at The Ling, in Garboldisham, near Diss.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service was called just after 2pm today after a neighbour reported smoke coming from the roof of the 17th century cottage.
The occupants evacuated the building and no one was injured.
You may also want to watch:
Crews from East Harling, Diss, Thetford, Attleborough, Wymondham, and two from Suffolk attended the blaze, which has destroyed the majority of the thatched roof.
Firefighters salvaged much of the furniture and possessions from the large detached house.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 IN PICTURES: The businesses still going strong in lockdown
- 3 Shop facing £150k flood bill sets up mobile post office
- 4 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 5 24/7 Covid vaccinations promised as 'soon as possible'
- 6 Risk of flooding after parts of Norfolk see 8cm of snow
- 7 Revealed: 11 more coronavirus vaccination centres set to open
- 8 In pictures: Children make the most of weekend snow
- 9 Seven lockdown rules that could change
- 10 Broadband firm pledges 'Herculean effort' in hyperfast roll-out
An investigation into the cause of the blaze has been launched, which is believed to have been caused by a wood burner.
See tomorrow's EDP for more.