Town cafe changes hands - but keeps the staff and the scones
- Credit: Archant
A popular cafe has changed hands after almost five years.
The Angel Cafe in Fair Green, Diss, has switched from Jane Trippett-Jones to Rachel and Jamie Aitken, who run The Forge Cafe in Eye, and will reopen the cafe on November 6.
Mrs Aitken said: 'We have always really loved the spot and The Angel has a brilliant team. It's going to be different because the Angel is in town and The Forge is quite small, but they are very similar with wonderful people.
'I think a lot of people will be glad to hear we will be keeping the scones!'
The Aitkens will be keeping The Forge, and also retaining The Angel Cafe's staff and menu.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Trippett-Jones wrote on Facebook on October 29: 'The day has arrived and I have shut the door for the last time. To all past and present Angels, thank you so very much! To all my fabulous customers thank you too for making the last four and a half years such a wonderful time.'
- 1 A1066 clear following earlier breakdown
- 2 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 3 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 4 Call for government to listen to Norfolk over Tier 1 move
- 5 'Raring to go' - Businesses ready to reopen in time for Christmas rush
- 6 Care provider to appeal decision which saw plans to extend care home rejected
- 7 Person freed from vehicle after crash on A140
- 8 Prime minister promises "February sunset" for coronavirus tiers
- 9 Why Chancellor’s Autumn statement was bad news for millions of pensioners
- 10 16th century village house with potential to develop is for sale for £575,000