Town cafe changes hands - but keeps the staff and the scones
- Credit: Archant
A popular cafe has changed hands after almost five years.
The Angel Cafe in Fair Green, Diss, has switched from Jane Trippett-Jones to Rachel and Jamie Aitken, who run The Forge Cafe in Eye, and will reopen the cafe on November 6.
Mrs Aitken said: 'We have always really loved the spot and The Angel has a brilliant team. It's going to be different because the Angel is in town and The Forge is quite small, but they are very similar with wonderful people.
'I think a lot of people will be glad to hear we will be keeping the scones!'
The Aitkens will be keeping The Forge, and also retaining The Angel Cafe's staff and menu.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Trippett-Jones wrote on Facebook on October 29: 'The day has arrived and I have shut the door for the last time. To all past and present Angels, thank you so very much! To all my fabulous customers thank you too for making the last four and a half years such a wonderful time.'
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 Want to work on a supercar? Lotus is hiring 200 staff
- 3 The 5 most viewed homes on the market in Norfolk last month
- 4 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 5 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 6 Are we on the verge of a post-Covid mental health crisis?
- 7 Ex-battery hens in need of free-range retirement homes
- 8 Mental health boss cleared of lying during inquest
- 9 Norfolk's police deal with sharp rise in mental health-related callouts
- 10 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu