Town cafe changes hands - but keeps the staff and the scones
- Credit: Archant
A popular cafe has changed hands after almost five years.
The Angel Cafe in Fair Green, Diss, has switched from Jane Trippett-Jones to Rachel and Jamie Aitken, who run The Forge Cafe in Eye, and will reopen the cafe on November 6.
Mrs Aitken said: 'We have always really loved the spot and The Angel has a brilliant team. It's going to be different because the Angel is in town and The Forge is quite small, but they are very similar with wonderful people.
'I think a lot of people will be glad to hear we will be keeping the scones!'
The Aitkens will be keeping The Forge, and also retaining The Angel Cafe's staff and menu.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Trippett-Jones wrote on Facebook on October 29: 'The day has arrived and I have shut the door for the last time. To all past and present Angels, thank you so very much! To all my fabulous customers thank you too for making the last four and a half years such a wonderful time.'
- 1 Police search for Norwich man wanted on recall to prison
- 2 Charity worker stole £12k from man, 90, and bought a shed
- 3 Warning over con artists trying 'council tax' scam in Norfolk
- 4 Six TikTok teens get stuck in toddler swings
- 5 'Don't suffer in silence' - Debt expert fears post-Covid crisis
- 6 Big rise in Norfolk children being home-schooled
- 7 Huge fire in scrapyard sees 11 fire engines descend on village
- 8 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Election day guide
- 9 'Get out and vote on election day': plea to people across Norfolk
- 10 Norfolk schools turn to Essex to find governors