Thieves strike at Swainsthorpe nursery
Police have stepped up patrols in the Swainsthorpe area after a spate of thefts at a local plant nursery. A spokesman said three crimes have been recorded at the premises in Brick Kiln Lane in the space of a week.
Police have stepped up patrols in the Swainsthorpe area after a spate of thefts at a local plant nursery.
A spokesman said three crimes have been recorded at the premises in Brick Kiln Lane in the space of a week.
In the latest incident, between 5pm on Sunday and 12.30am the following day, there was a theft of a number of plants including rhododendrons, orchids and house plants.
Between 10.30pm on Saturday and 6.15am Sunday the glass houses at the premises were entered and various plants were removed. And a quantity of diesel was stolen from a storage tank at the property between 8.30pm on Monday, March 24, and 5.30am the following day.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman said: “Local officers are aware of the spate of incidents at this premises. Specialist crime prevention advice has been given and patrols have been increased in the area.
“We would like to take this opportunity to appeal for anyone who may have seen any suspicious people or vehicles in the area to contact local officers at Long Stratton Police Station on 0845 4564567. Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.”
- 1 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 4 UEA expert: Covid isolation 'will still be needed in a year's time'
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 7 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 8 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 9 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'
- 10 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van