Warning after thieves target quad bikes in break-in
- Credit: Norfolk Police
Police have issue a warning for landowners and rural businesses to be vigilant after thieves failed in an attempt to steal quad bikes in South Norfolk.
Officers were called to a property in Hempnall after reports of an attempted burglary sometime over Sunday night and Monday morning.
Thieves attempted to steal two quad bikes and two trailers but failed. Damage was also caused to outbuildings during the attempted theft.
People are being urged to be vigilant of who is visiting and be wary of suspicious behaviour on land and near property and to make sure outbuildings are secure.
The attempted thefts come after two trailers were stolen in a separate incident in Rushall.
You may also want to watch:
In a Tweet South Norfolk police said: 'Please lock away or keep your trailers out of sight after two recent thefts in the Rushall area. Consider clearly marking them to make it difficult for thieves to sell them on.'
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 3 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 4 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 7 Primary and secondary schools join forces under new leadership
- 8 More than 100,000 young people have had Covid jab in Norfolk and Waveney
- 9 Stunning double rainbows follow thunderstorms
- 10 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'