Third person dies following Suffolk crash
A third person has died following a crash in a Suffolk village.Two US airmen were killed as a result of the collision at Icklingham, near Bury St Edmunds, on May 30.
A third person has died following a crash in a Suffolk village.
Two US airmen were killed as a result of the collision at Icklingham, near Bury St Edmunds, on May 30.
Police have now confirmed a third person, Gwyneth Wainwright, of Denham, near Eye, has also died as a result of the crash.
The 55-year-old was a passenger in a Nissan car when it was involved in a collision with a green BMW car on the A1101 at about 7.20pm.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk Police said that the injured woman died at the West Suffolk Hospital in Bury St Edmunds yesterday
The male driver of the BMW, 24-year-old Mark Stephany and passenger Daniel Addabbo, 23, were pronounced dead at the scene. They were both stationed at RAF Lakenheath. Two other men travelling in the BMW suffered minor injuries.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 3 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 4 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 Stunning double rainbows follow thunderstorms
- 7 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 8 Primary and secondary schools join forces under new leadership
- 9 More than 100,000 young people have had Covid jab in Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
The female driver of the Nissan and the male passenger are still in hospital. A child also travelling in the Nissan was unhurt.
Anyone with information is asked to contact PC Paul Smith at the Suffolk Police serious collision investigation team on 01473 613500.