Third person dies following Suffolk crash
A third person has died following a crash in a Suffolk village.Two US airmen were killed as a result of the collision at Icklingham, near Bury St Edmunds, on May 30.
A third person has died following a crash in a Suffolk village.
Two US airmen were killed as a result of the collision at Icklingham, near Bury St Edmunds, on May 30.
Police have now confirmed a third person, Gwyneth Wainwright, of Denham, near Eye, has also died as a result of the crash.
The 55-year-old was a passenger in a Nissan car when it was involved in a collision with a green BMW car on the A1101 at about 7.20pm.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk Police said that the injured woman died at the West Suffolk Hospital in Bury St Edmunds yesterday
The male driver of the BMW, 24-year-old Mark Stephany and passenger Daniel Addabbo, 23, were pronounced dead at the scene. They were both stationed at RAF Lakenheath. Two other men travelling in the BMW suffered minor injuries.
- 1 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 2 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 3 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 4 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 5 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 6 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 8 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 9 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 10 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
The female driver of the Nissan and the male passenger are still in hospital. A child also travelling in the Nissan was unhurt.
Anyone with information is asked to contact PC Paul Smith at the Suffolk Police serious collision investigation team on 01473 613500.