Third person dies following Suffolk crash
A third person has died following a crash in a Suffolk village.Two US airmen were killed as a result of the collision at Icklingham, near Bury St Edmunds, on May 30.
A third person has died following a crash in a Suffolk village.
Two US airmen were killed as a result of the collision at Icklingham, near Bury St Edmunds, on May 30.
Police have now confirmed a third person, Gwyneth Wainwright, of Denham, near Eye, has also died as a result of the crash.
The 55-year-old was a passenger in a Nissan car when it was involved in a collision with a green BMW car on the A1101 at about 7.20pm.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk Police said that the injured woman died at the West Suffolk Hospital in Bury St Edmunds yesterday
The male driver of the BMW, 24-year-old Mark Stephany and passenger Daniel Addabbo, 23, were pronounced dead at the scene. They were both stationed at RAF Lakenheath. Two other men travelling in the BMW suffered minor injuries.
- 1 Village road to shut all day for essential work
- 2 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 3 Town reveals plans for post-lockdown celebration
- 4 Radio station reveals plans to open 'game changing' second studio
- 5 Calls for ban on development around town's beauty spot
- 6 Locusts, vinegar cake and crocodile: 6 weird dishes served in Norfolk
- 7 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 8 Bomber squadron museum release unseen war era photos
- 9 American serviceman's legacy remembered through new war-inspired nose art
- 10 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
The female driver of the Nissan and the male passenger are still in hospital. A child also travelling in the Nissan was unhurt.
Anyone with information is asked to contact PC Paul Smith at the Suffolk Police serious collision investigation team on 01473 613500.