Third person dies following Suffolk crash
A third person has died following a crash in a Suffolk village.Two US airmen were killed as a result of the collision at Icklingham, near Bury St Edmunds, on May 30.
A third person has died following a crash in a Suffolk village.
Two US airmen were killed as a result of the collision at Icklingham, near Bury St Edmunds, on May 30.
Police have now confirmed a third person, Gwyneth Wainwright, of Denham, near Eye, has also died as a result of the crash.
The 55-year-old was a passenger in a Nissan car when it was involved in a collision with a green BMW car on the A1101 at about 7.20pm.
Suffolk Police said that the injured woman died at the West Suffolk Hospital in Bury St Edmunds yesterday
The male driver of the BMW, 24-year-old Mark Stephany and passenger Daniel Addabbo, 23, were pronounced dead at the scene. They were both stationed at RAF Lakenheath. Two other men travelling in the BMW suffered minor injuries.
- 1 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 2 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 3 Norfolk MP's concern over new line of pylons
- 4 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
- 5 Electric aircraft to take to the skies over Norfolk
- 6 Campaigners write to government over pylons plan
- 7 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 8 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
- 9 As seen on TV: The Norfolk guest house with a spa...in a bank vault!
- 10 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
The female driver of the Nissan and the male passenger are still in hospital. A child also travelling in the Nissan was unhurt.
Anyone with information is asked to contact PC Paul Smith at the Suffolk Police serious collision investigation team on 01473 613500.