Thousands attend South Norfolk Show
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of people enjoyed the best of what the district has to offer at South Norfolk Council's biggest show of the year.
Fantastic attractions, fun activities and stalls packed full of local produce pulled in close to 4,000 people to South Norfolk on Show at the council's Long Stratton headquarters on Sunday, July 13.
This is the fifth year running the council has promoted its services through a day of free entertainment for all the family and this year's attendance beat all previous records.
South Norfolk Council deputy leader Martin Wilby said: 'What a fantastic day, an excellent turnout and glorious weather.
'Everywhere you looked families were having fun and finding out about what the Council does in the process.'
You may also want to watch:
'Every year the event gets more and more popular which is brilliant for all the local businesses, charities and entertainers who take part. We have so much to offer in South Norfolk and it's a fantastic chance to showcase everything that makes it such a great place to live, work and visit.'
Children marvelled at the Bubbleologist, had their picture taken with Ewoks, cheered Horatios Last Hurrah and made it to the top of Spider Mountain.
- 1 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 Covid app changes mean fewer people will be 'pinged'
- 4 7 things every child in Norfolk should do before they are five
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 7 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 8 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 9 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 10 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'
The Talent Show on the main stage attracted huge crowds, pets won prizes at the Fun Dog Show and the big top was full of children learning circus skills. The farmers' market filled Long Stratton Leisure Centre and model planes looped the loop overhead.
212 people filled out feedback cards, with nearly 70pc giving the event five stars.
For a full list of South Norfolk events, visit www.south-norfolk/events
Are you organising a community event? Contact the Mercury on 01379 651153 or email email@example.com