Top spectacle wearer has eyes on £10,000 prize
- Credit: Paul Nixon Photography
Estate agent Chana Bush has been named a regional finalist in Specsavers' annual search for its Spectacle Wearer of the Year and could win £10,000.
The 26-year-old, from Hepworth, a customer at the Diss branch of the chain, was chosen from thousands of entries to become the regional finalist in the 25-34 age category.
If she makes it through, she could follow in the footsteps of last year's award winner, Love Island hunk Alex Miller, winning £10,000 and the chance to mingle with celebrities at the annual Spectacle Wearer of the Year Awards in October.
Popping into Specsavers' in Diss, her nearest branch, to pick up the regional prize of a £125 voucher, Chana said if successful she will save the money for her house fund.
'Entering was a bit spontaneous really,' she said. 'I saw the advert come up on Instagram, whilst scrolling through and I thought why not? And here we are. It was overwhelming to find out I was a regional finalist, but it's lovely to be chosen.'
You may also want to watch:
Having worn glasses since she was aged three, Chana has seen a change in perception. She said: 'When I was at high school wearing glasses wasn't really fashionable and I had issues during PE. Nowadays there are so many options and you can find a pair to go with your own style.
'I wear them 90% of the time so I have to think about what would go with everything, but now I've got the chance for a new pair I might go for something a bit more out there.'
- 1 Village road to shut all day for essential work
- 2 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 3 Town reveals plans for post-lockdown celebration
- 4 Ofsted praise for ‘inadequate’ Norfolk special school
- 5 Radio station reveals plans to open 'game changing' second studio
- 6 Call for caution as restrictions eased amid backdrop of 'perilous' variant
- 7 Lockdown easing LIVE: Norfolk and Waveney enjoys renewed freedom
- 8 Locusts, vinegar cake and crocodile: 6 weird dishes served in Norfolk
- 9 Life-saving defibrillator installed along historic Norfolk footpath
- 10 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk