Severe traffic delays on the A140
- Credit: Simon Parkin
Traffic was severely delayed on the A140 in South Norfolk this morning.
Roadworks between Brome and Dickleborough, near Diss, may have been to blame for the jams.
The dual carriageway section of the A140 Dickleburgh bypass at Scole was reduced to a single lane, as was the section to the A143 roundabout.
Motorists heading southwards were confronted with severe tailbacks stretching back to the beyond the Dickleburgh roundabout.
Traffic was left stationary for long periods, with around 40 minutes added on to some drivers journey times.
You may also want to watch:
Work is being carried out by BT from A140 New Road to Norwich Road, Scole to install sub-duct and cabling until until February 1. BT are also working on the A140 at Stuston today, and will be working on the B1118 in Syleham until January 25.
Meanwhile Cadent are carrying out out essential gas maintenance on Norwich Road, Scole until February 8.
Keep up to date with our live traffic map.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 4 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 5 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 6 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 8 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 9 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 10 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000