Severe traffic delays on the A140
- Credit: Simon Parkin
Traffic was severely delayed on the A140 in South Norfolk this morning.
Roadworks between Brome and Dickleborough, near Diss, may have been to blame for the jams.
The dual carriageway section of the A140 Dickleburgh bypass at Scole was reduced to a single lane, as was the section to the A143 roundabout.
Motorists heading southwards were confronted with severe tailbacks stretching back to the beyond the Dickleburgh roundabout.
Traffic was left stationary for long periods, with around 40 minutes added on to some drivers journey times.
You may also want to watch:
Work is being carried out by BT from A140 New Road to Norwich Road, Scole to install sub-duct and cabling until until February 1. BT are also working on the A140 at Stuston today, and will be working on the B1118 in Syleham until January 25.
Meanwhile Cadent are carrying out out essential gas maintenance on Norwich Road, Scole until February 8.
Keep up to date with our live traffic map.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 3 'Power of the high vis jacket' - Out with town's Covid watchdogs
- 4 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
- 5 5 tips from Norwich expert to keep your car in peak condition in lockdown
- 6 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 7 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 8 Number of coronavirus deaths passes 1,000 at Norfolk's hospitals
- 9 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 10 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning