Severe traffic delays on the A140
- Credit: Simon Parkin
Traffic was severely delayed on the A140 in South Norfolk this morning.
Roadworks between Brome and Dickleborough, near Diss, may have been to blame for the jams.
The dual carriageway section of the A140 Dickleburgh bypass at Scole was reduced to a single lane, as was the section to the A143 roundabout.
Motorists heading southwards were confronted with severe tailbacks stretching back to the beyond the Dickleburgh roundabout.
Traffic was left stationary for long periods, with around 40 minutes added on to some drivers journey times.
You may also want to watch:
Work is being carried out by BT from A140 New Road to Norwich Road, Scole to install sub-duct and cabling until until February 1. BT are also working on the A140 at Stuston today, and will be working on the B1118 in Syleham until January 25.
Meanwhile Cadent are carrying out out essential gas maintenance on Norwich Road, Scole until February 8.
Keep up to date with our live traffic map.
- 1 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 2 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 3 New head unveiled at high school with 'so much potential'
- 4 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 5 How will exam grades and primary school tests work this summer?
- 6 Cash For Charities: Win a share of £20,000 for your favourite good cause
- 7 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 8 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
- 9 Woman died after crash on way to visit mother's grave
- 10 Water safety campaign launched ahead of summer of staycations