Severe traffic delays on the A140
- Credit: Simon Parkin
Traffic was severely delayed on the A140 in South Norfolk this morning.
Roadworks between Brome and Dickleborough, near Diss, may have been to blame for the jams.
The dual carriageway section of the A140 Dickleburgh bypass at Scole was reduced to a single lane, as was the section to the A143 roundabout.
Motorists heading southwards were confronted with severe tailbacks stretching back to the beyond the Dickleburgh roundabout.
Traffic was left stationary for long periods, with around 40 minutes added on to some drivers journey times.
You may also want to watch:
Work is being carried out by BT from A140 New Road to Norwich Road, Scole to install sub-duct and cabling until until February 1. BT are also working on the A140 at Stuston today, and will be working on the B1118 in Syleham until January 25.
Meanwhile Cadent are carrying out out essential gas maintenance on Norwich Road, Scole until February 8.
Keep up to date with our live traffic map.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 3 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 4 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 5 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 6 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 7 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'
- 8 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 9 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 10 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village