Motorcyclist suffers serious injuries in A140 crash
- Credit: Google Maps
A motorcyclist has been left with serious injuries following a collision on the A140 which left the road closed for several hours.
Police were called to the road at Stoke Ash, south of Eye, at about 6.45am on Tuesday.
The AA traffic map suggested there were queues forming in both directions while the road is cleared, with vehicles tailing back for two miles.
A police spokesman confirmed the road had been sealed off after a Kawasaki motorcycle and a Ford Transit van collided.
The motorcyclist was taken to Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital for treatment for his injuries, which are believed to be potentially life-changing.
Recovery was called and the vehicles were moved off the main carriageway to nearby Wood Hall Lane at 8.47am.
The road had reopened by 11am, a police spokesman confirmed.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Suffolk traffic map.
Join our Suffolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Suffolk.
- 1 Meet the TikTok stylist helping people discover their body shapes
- 2 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 3 7 Norfolk food and drink businesses expanding in 2022
- 4 Six fire crews tackle house blaze near Diss
- 5 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day
- 6 Fuel spillage and crash caused delays along A140
- 7 Fare dodgers and fraudsters pay £4m to Greater Anglia in 2021
- 8 Man who may pose risk to children could be in Norfolk or Suffolk
- 9 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 10 Pressure waves of Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption felt across East Anglia