Bridge on main road to close for repairs
- Credit: Archant
A bridge on one of Norfolk’s main roads is set to close overnight for essential repairs.
Maintenance work is due to take place at Shotford Bridge on the A143 Harleston bypass from 6pm on Saturday, September 12, until 9.30am on Sunday, September 13.
Work costing £25,000 to replace the bridge joints will see the A-road close between its junctions with Wells Lane and Mendham Lane.
The task, expected to take just one night, has been scheduled overnight to minimise disruption and to allow the joints to be replaced safely.
Various signposted diversion routes will be in place for the duration of the closure.
You may also want to watch:
The Bungay-bound layby on the A143 will also be closed from September 11-12 to allow storage of contractor facilities and materials.
Repair work is being carried out by Norfolk County Council’s Community and Environmental Services Department and their contractors. The council has thanked drivers for their patience.
- 1 Phil and Jill still going strong after 74 years together
- 2 Health bosses step up effort to vaccinate vulnerable communities
- 3 Lorry driver, 75, denies causing A140 motorist's death by careless driving
- 4 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Man denies arsons which caused £680k damage and killed 50 pigs
- 6 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published
- 7 Funeral arrangements for Prince Philip confirmed
- 8 Pubs and shops open on Monday: what can I do when restrictions are eased?
- 9 What will the weather be like this week for outdoor reopening?
- 10 Village post office set to reopen after flooding damage