Bridge on main road to close for repairs
- Credit: Archant
A bridge on one of Norfolk’s main roads is set to close overnight for essential repairs.
Maintenance work is due to take place at Shotford Bridge on the A143 Harleston bypass from 6pm on Saturday, September 12, until 9.30am on Sunday, September 13.
Work costing £25,000 to replace the bridge joints will see the A-road close between its junctions with Wells Lane and Mendham Lane.
The task, expected to take just one night, has been scheduled overnight to minimise disruption and to allow the joints to be replaced safely.
Various signposted diversion routes will be in place for the duration of the closure.
You may also want to watch:
The Bungay-bound layby on the A143 will also be closed from September 11-12 to allow storage of contractor facilities and materials.
Repair work is being carried out by Norfolk County Council’s Community and Environmental Services Department and their contractors. The council has thanked drivers for their patience.
- 1 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 2 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 3 'Stay indoors' warning amid flooding fears for Norfolk roads
- 4 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 5 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 6 Storm Christoph flood fears bring spike in sandbag sales
- 7 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 8 'Exceptional demand' as thousands in Norfolk seek coronavirus hardship fund help
- 9 Revenue tops £710m at specialist tech company
- 10 24/7 Covid vaccinations promised as 'soon as possible'