A143 remains closed after serious collision between lorry and motorcycle
The A143 near Stanton remains closed the morning after a serious collision between a lorry and a motorcycle.
Officers from Suffolk police were called to the incident shortly before 7.55pm on Tuesday after receiving reports of a two-vehicle collision south of the village.
The road remains closed in both directions between the junction with the A1088 near Ixworth and the B1111 at Stanton, Suffolk police confirmed on Wednesday morning.
The conditions of the motorcyclist and the driver of the lorry are not known at this time.
Motorists have been advised to find an alternative route.
Officers are appealing for any witnesses to the collision to come forward, including anyone with dashcam footage of the area.
Witnesses are asked to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Unit at Suffolk police, quoting CAD 359 of May 18.
- 1 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants
- 2 Summer solstice 2021: Five best places to watch it in Norfolk
- 3 Norfolk gardens to star in forthcoming Channel 5 show
- 4 Five days of resurfacing work costing almost £10k planned for village road
- 5 'Masks are a nightmare' - how Covid rules have hit deaf people in Norfolk
- 6 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 7 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 8 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 9 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 10 Drugs most often seized by Norfolk police revealed