Village road to shut all day for essential work
- Credit: Google Street View
A South Norfolk road will shut for a day to allow essential roadworks to take place.
Work will take place on Wednesday, May 26, to resurface part of Garboldisham Road between Garboldisham and Kenninghall.
It will be closed to all through traffic for 11 hours, from 7am to 6pm, between Uphall Farm and the junction with Harling Road.
A fully signed diversion route will, however, be in place for the duration, while vehicle access to homes and businesses will be maintained from one end of the closure at any time.
The job is expected to only take a single day to complete, subject to weather conditions.
You may also want to watch:
It had previously been scheduled to take place in March but was postponed due to poor weather.
Work to replace the existing, damaged road surface will cost £36,000, and is being carried out by Norfolk County Council's community and environmental services department and their contractors.
- 1 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 2 Inquest into woman's death in A140 crash tragedy delayed
- 3 Diss 'beacon of hope' remembers lives lost to coronavirus
- 4 Local radio station granted license to broadcast until 2027
- 5 8 cheap or free things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- 6 Norfolk has no Covid patients in hospital for first time since August
- 7 Home plan for village pub shelved
- 8 Natural England concerned over blueprint for thousands of homes
- 9 Pink Ladies' Tractor Road Run to return this summer
- 10 SURVEY: Let us know your thoughts on getting the Covid vaccine