Power lines damaged after lorry crashes into telegraph pole in Diss
- Credit: Google
A lorry crashed into a telegraph pole on a busy road in Diss.
The crash in Victoria Street, at about 8.30am, caused the telegraph pole to snap in half and power lines have been damaged.
The road was closed and stayed closed until the power lines were made safe.
Police were on the scene and contacted the power network company for assistance.
Officers turned drivers around near the Shell Garage on the road.
The traffic stretched along Park Road and Victoria Road from Dark Lane to Denmark Street.
There were also queues up Stuston Road and Sawmills Road.
- 1 JCB skip loader worth £5,500 stolen from Suffolk village
- 2 Approval granted for 69 new homes in Suffolk village
- 3 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 4 'Key moment' for town centre as £800,000 improvements agreed
- 5 Haulage company turns recruitment corner after upping wages five times
- 6 Holiday let cottages plan to save village pub after Covid
- 7 Tribute paid to father-of-three who died near his home aged 36
- 8 Victim 'missed out' on childhood as a result of sexual abuse, court hears
- 9 Mum's tribute to 'amazing' son amid mental health plea
- 10 7 Christmas lights switch-ons happening in Norfolk in 2021
Traffic is now able to pass after the road was closed for three hours.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
Join our Norfolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Norfolk.