Power lines damaged after lorry crashes into telegraph pole in Diss
- Credit: Google
A lorry crashed into a telegraph pole on a busy road in Diss.
The crash in Victoria Street, at about 8.30am, caused the telegraph pole to snap in half and power lines have been damaged.
The road was closed and stayed closed until the power lines were made safe.
Police were on the scene and contacted the power network company for assistance.
Officers turned drivers around near the Shell Garage on the road.
The traffic stretched along Park Road and Victoria Road from Dark Lane to Denmark Street.
There were also queues up Stuston Road and Sawmills Road.
- 1 Travel: Stay on the UK's first floating glamping pod...in Beccles
- 2 Road cleared after severe delays in Diss following vehicle breakdown
- 3 Street food, live music and fireworks planned for Diss Jubilee celebrations
- 4 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 5 Rare 19th century painting discovered in Norfolk home could fetch £50k
- 6 The 4 most wanted men in Norfolk
- 7 Man admits arsons which killed 50 pigs and caused £680k of damage
- 8 Major supermarkets order urgent product recalls over salmonella fears
- 9 Thousands more Norfolk people get £150 council tax energy rebate
- 10 New vintage gift and homeware shop opens in historic building
Traffic is now able to pass after the road was closed for three hours.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
Join our Norfolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Norfolk.