Parking suspension and temporary lights during resurfacing works
- Credit: Archant
Parking will be suspended and temporary lights put in place on a town centre road while roadworks take place.
Work costing £10,000 to resurface the pavement on Mount Street, Diss, will begin on Monday, July 20, and see the old, worn out surface removed and replaced.
The task, to be carried out by Norfolk County Council’s community and environmental services department and their contractors, is expected to be completed within two weeks, weather permitting.
Due to the restricted width of Mount Street, the entirety of the pavement will be closed and a temporary space will be provided enabling pedestrians to walk along the road.
In addition, temporary lights will be in place to help vehicles move safely past the work.
You may also want to watch:
The council is asking residents to find alternative places to park while the work is carried out, and has thanked the public for their patience.
- 1 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 2 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 3 'Stay indoors' warning amid flooding fears for Norfolk roads
- 4 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 5 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 6 Storm Christoph flood fears bring spike in sandbag sales
- 7 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 8 'Exceptional demand' as thousands in Norfolk seek coronavirus hardship fund help
- 9 Revenue tops £710m at specialist tech company
- 10 24/7 Covid vaccinations promised as 'soon as possible'