Lines blocked as train breaks down at Norwich station
- Credit: Archant
Disruption at Norwich railway station which saw a number of lines blocked has come to an end.
Greater Anglia said on Wednesday afternoon that an empty train near the Norwich depot had developed a fault, blocking some routes into the station.
Services running to and from Norwich were expected to be cancelled, delayed or revised.
The rail operator added that the faulty train would "need to be rescued".
Among the services cancelled was the 2.57pm from Lowestoft to Norwich, due to arrive in the city at 3.33pm.
Meanwhile, the 3.46pm Sheringham to Norwich service started at Cromer instead, while the 3.48pm Lowestoft to Norwich service was running a few minutes late.
However, Greater Anglia informed passengers at around 3.30pm that disruption had ended.
- 1 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants
- 2 Summer solstice 2021: Five best places to watch it in Norfolk
- 3 Norfolk gardens to star in forthcoming Channel 5 show
- 4 Five days of resurfacing work costing almost £10k planned for village road
- 5 'Masks are a nightmare' - how Covid rules have hit deaf people in Norfolk
- 6 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 7 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 8 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 9 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 10 Drugs most often seized by Norfolk police revealed