Four weekends of road closures in Diss due to resurfacing work
- Credit: Matthew Usher
Four weekends of road closures are to set begin in Diss on Sunday.
Resurfacing work, which will cost approximately £100,000, will be carried out on the Sawmills Road and Sandy Lane roundabout.
The work begins on Sunday, October 10, and is expected to continue over four consecutive Sundays between 7am and 7pm.
It is hoped this will keep disruption to a minimum.
The road will be closed to traffic although access will be maintained for emergency vehicles and Simonds Coach & Travel.
Diversions will be in place.
The work will involve stripping the existing surface of the carriageway before it is resurfaced and road markings are reinstated.
- 1 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 2 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 3 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 4 PlayStation, iPad and pottery classes bought with NHS budget
- 5 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 6 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 7 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 8 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 9 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 10 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
It will be completed by Norfolk County Council’s Community and Environmental Services Department and its contractors.