Four weekends of road closures in Diss due to resurfacing work
- Credit: Matthew Usher
Four weekends of road closures are to set begin in Diss on Sunday.
Resurfacing work, which will cost approximately £100,000, will be carried out on the Sawmills Road and Sandy Lane roundabout.
The work begins on Sunday, October 10, and is expected to continue over four consecutive Sundays between 7am and 7pm.
It is hoped this will keep disruption to a minimum.
The road will be closed to traffic although access will be maintained for emergency vehicles and Simonds Coach & Travel.
Diversions will be in place.
The work will involve stripping the existing surface of the carriageway before it is resurfaced and road markings are reinstated.
- 1 A143 blocked after crash between car and tractor
- 2 Trailer, ride-on lawnmower and chainsaw stolen during village burglary
- 3 'Our hero': East Anglian Air Ambulance's first female doctor retires
- 4 New Lidl could create 40 'living wage' jobs
- 5 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 6 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 7 Diss council announces tax rise and upgrade for town assets
- 8 Fabulous pictures captured by wildlife photographer, nine
- 9 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day
- 10 Two crashes in one hour in Pulham Market area
It will be completed by Norfolk County Council’s Community and Environmental Services Department and its contractors.