Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- Credit: Submitted
An overturned lorry which fell across all lanes at a roundabout on the edge of Norwich has been causing serious disruption to rush hour motorists.
Norfolk Police were called to the Thickthorn Roundabout at 5.10am after an HGV overturned.
Traffic is now flowing again with the road cleared by 11am.
A spokeswoman for the ambulance service said: "I can confirm that EEAST responded to an emergency call shortly before 5.45am regarding an incident on the Thickthorn Roundabout, A11.
"We sent an ambulance to the scene. No patients were transported to hospital."
Drivers travelling from the Swaffham direction towards Great Yarmouth direction had still been able to pass by turning left via a smaller roundabout towards the hospital and A11.
A spokeswoman for Norfolk Police said: "It is not a complete disaster as it is still passable but traffic is still going to be horrendous as there are already roadworks taking place in that area."
- 1 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 2 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 3 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 4 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 5 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 6 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 8 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 9 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 10 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
Police were advising motorists to find alternative routes.
An earlier statement from Norfolk Police said: "Police were called at approximately 5.10am this morning following reports of an overturned lorry on the A11 near Thickthorn.
"We are currently at scene dealing with the incident. Single lane open so traffic build up expected."