Man suffers back injury in crash between van and two cars
- Credit: Google
A man suffered a back injury and a road was closed for several hours following a three-vehicle crash in south Norfolk.
Police were called to reports of a crash on the A143 in Wortwell, between Earsham and Harleston at about 6pm Wednesday, April 20.
A police spokewoman said an ambulance was prepared to take the injured man to the James Paget Hospital however it is not known whether it was required.
The crash involved a black Saab, a grey Vauxhall Astra and a white van.
Following the collision, the A143 was closed between the Harleston roundabout and Earsham until about 9.20pm.
Officers remained at the scene until 9.30pm and diversions were in place.
Norfolk Fire Service crews from Carrow, Harleston, Loddon and Diss also attended.
- 1 Church school becomes latest to join growing academy trust
- 2 Overcrowding fears sees council oppose town's affordable housing plans
- 3 Man in court over hundreds of indecent images of children
- 4 50-mile diversion in place as A140 set to close to repair damaged road
- 5 Classic car show back this weekend with over 700 vehicles
- 6 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 7 Nissen hut conversion approved despite holiday home noise concerns
- 8 Town puts on a show for the Armed Forces
- 9 Rare 19th century painting found in Norfolk home sells for £160k
- 10 Train evacuated after hitting horse on Norwich to Diss line
The scene was made safe and an occupant of a vehicle was released using hydraulic rescue equipment.
Traffic sensors showed that there was heavy traffic in the area.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
Join our Norfolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Norfolk.